Complaint Review: Smart Shopper Savings

• Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: MsTellitall — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Smart Shopper Savings
Internet source Internet United States of America

Smart Shopper Savings They say you won something but inorder to recieve it, you have to sign up for other offers Brooklyn, Internet

I believe I entered into a sweepstakes to win a giftcard.
They called me back the very next day,
saying I am very lucky because out of the millions of people that did this, I won.
I was ecstatic.
They went on to verify if the information I gave them was correct.
The woman speaking with me proceeded to speak extremely fast,
she went on to say that they will charge me 3.95 if I accepted additional offers.
I told her I am un-interested and when will I receive my card. She told me through e-mail.
I called back a moment later and got another worker,
She tried to do the same thing the woman did.
Tell me I won and verify my information.
I told her, I already went through this and I have one single question.
"When will I receive my $50 walmart gift card that I won?
She told me I have to accept their additonal offers and then I will be able to receive my gift card.
This sounded very strange to me.
 I told her, "If I won something why do I have to purchase things in order to receive it"
Logically it makes no sense.
She started choking up,
Then I told her I see what this is, I am un-interested.
She hung up on me.
What "professional company" do you know would do this?
Buyers and people that sign up for things online, beware who you give your information to.
Do not fall into this trap.
If you "WON" something, you shouldn't have to give ANY of your credit card information out or have to buy something , in order to receive it.
If you feel a strange feeling coming over you when receiving this call...LISTEN TO IT!
It is a scam, so they can get more information from you , and rack up your credit card  bills like crazy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Shopper-Savings/internet/Smart-Shopper-Savings-They-say-you-won-something-but-inorder-to-recieve-it-you-have-to-s-984305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Shopper Savings