Complaint Review: Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, October 01, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: John — Tucson Arizona USA
Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.
Ft Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc. Not sending promised refunds for unused travel Ft Lauderdale Florida

*Author of original report: Refund not received after 3 months of a certified written application for this.

*UPDATE Employee: Cancellation

*Consumer Suggestion: Phone number

My wife gail and I signed up for Smart Travel & Incentives's Cruise package earlier this yhear and paid $99 deposit for the cruise and $75 deposit for the airflights.  Refunds were promised if we could not use the cruise and flights that they arranged for us.  10 weeks ago, I applied in writing, with signature, for our refunds and have emailed multiple times since then. Now emails, to the SAMR emai address, are being returned by Mailer-Daemon!!  And ST&I has NO phone number to call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc-Not-sending-promised-refunds-for-unused-travel-Ft-Lauderd-949266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.

Refund not received after 3 months of a certified written application for this.

AUTHOR: Jowie - (USA)

Kara, Thank you for explaining why your Mailer-Daemon returned my email; that is helpful to my trust in your company.  You may have originally sent me your phone number but, in all thew records I still had in my possession, and in all your mails to me, there was NO SIGN of a phone number and you specifially tell us NOT to call - too busy - but to email you.

Since I did send in the written application for the refunds several months ago, I had to assume that part of your way of avoiding paying for refunds is to "lose" them.  Since you say you have no record of my application, I yesterday re-applied by certified mail, so you will have all Gail's and my info.

I am starting to see some hope that we will get our refunds now, thanks to Ripoff Report, which is doing a WONDERFUL service to consumers.

Our names are John & Gail Schmidt Dommisse.  Our first application date was 12.7.11, with World Resorts International, in Tucson AZ.

Please send our $99 cruise deposit refund, and our $75 flight deposit refund immediately as it is already 3 months since we first claimed this refund by certified mail.

Thank you.

Cancellation

AUTHOR: Smart Travel - (United States of America)

Dear Sir,

I apologize for the email being returned to you last week. The company that hosts our email account was down for several days. We did switch hosting companies and were back up later that week. I'm sorry for the inconvenience it caused you though. I am not sure why you could not locate our phone number. It is on the original activation form and also on the vacation planning package that you were sent on 1/12/12.

In fact it is in a size 16 font on the travel request form so that it is easy for our customers to locate. I do not show a notice of cancellation has been received from you. Refunds are processed very quickly, within 3-4 weeks from the date that we receive them. We do not have any customers past 4 weeks waiting on a refund. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at kara@travelsmartincentives.com and i will be happy to resolve the situation for you.

Regards,
Kara Gallagher
General Manager

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Phone number

AUTHOR: LeAnn - (United States of America)

You can contact them at 407-562-1891 - hope this helps!