Complaint Review: Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc

• Updated: Tue, March 11, 2014

• Reported By: Theresa — Litchfield Minnesota
Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc
801 International Parkway, 5th Floor Lake Mary, Florida USA

Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc Out of Lake Mary, Florida Total Scam Lake Mary Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Wrong Airport Code

We sent our free Fly USA (2 tickets anywhere in continental US, major airports) request in to them and got it back saying "You did not select a major US airport". First of all, the sheet you are to fill out asks for cities, not airports. We listed Minneapolis, Phoenix & "New York-Laguardia" (city AND airport). Phoenix was our first choice, with travel in April. Secondly, the website on the letter they sent back (so that you could check major airports and re-do your sheet) listed all those cities with airports in them, including Laguardia. Because we have to re-send, our travel dates are not going to be the 60 days out as required, nor will we be able to go at all, as the dates will have to be later and they won't work for us.

We wanted to visit my snowbird mom, who comes home at the end of April. Plus, who wants to go to Phoenix in June or July????? And soon our vouchers will be out of time as well, so going next fall to visit her is out of the question as well. Third, when you try to call, it tells you to push buttons to be transferred to the correct department. These transfers don't work. I called from my cel twice and my land line twice and received the same message "we did not understand your request, please try again." If you don't push a button, the message just keeps repeating itself, IOW, there's no "stay on the line" answer. Haven't received any response from my email..... my last resort.

We had tried to do the free cruise we also received, and that was bulls*** from the beginning. They list Royal as a choice in the initial letter they send you, but immediately when we tried to do Royal (way back when we originally got the vouchers), they said we couldn't use them because they don't do Royal. Wanted to travel with family that lives in Florida (they go on short Royal Carribean cruises almost monthly).

The bottom line is, I've been on the phone with them (before the transfer problem from today's attempt at contact) about 6 times and emailed them about the same, right after we received our vouchers (long before the issue above), and there has always been some reason we can't do the trips we wanted, or when we wanted, or where we wanted, etc. The whole thing is one big scam. You pay to get your vouchers ($75 for the free flight and $99 for the free cruise) activated. This is obviously all they are concerned about. I will be putting in a request to get that back, as they are supposedly refundable, but after reading the other comments about this company, I won't be holding my breath. You had to send a MO or Cashier's check, the most difficult modes of payment to get back.....

If my report sounds a bit confusing, it is. I think this company tries to mess with customers every step of the way so that you just give up. I feel overwhelmed, stressed and am ready to just say "to hell with it". I don't have the time to d*** around with this anymore. They got my $176 to activate nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2014 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc/Lake-Mary-Florida-32746/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc-Out-of-Lake-Mary-Florida-Total-Scam-Lake-Mary-Florida-1129827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc

Wrong Airport Code

AUTHOR: Smart Travel - ()

Hi Theresa,

I am so sorry for any phone issues you had when calling in. We have had some troubles with the lines and have had them worked on recently. I did look into your file to see why you were sent that letter if you requested major airports. I found that the airport listed for your first date was Point Hope, AK. I then looked at the scan of the travel requested you submitted and saw that you wrote down PHO as your April destination. I'm sure you meant to write PHX which is the code for Phoenix. I am happy to email you a copy of the request to see that for yourself if you did not keep one prior to sending it in. We do have your second choice on file still, and that is of course a major airport, and will be checked about 45-60 days prior.

For your cruise voucher we ask that you select a port and a date, the agent will then offer you everything we have available that matches with all three cruise lines. We do book with all the cruise lines listed on your voucher. Please feel free to call us with any questions at (407) 562-1891 or email customerservice@travelsmartincentives.com.

Best regards