Complaint Review: Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, March 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 27, 2012

• Reported By: E John — Oxbow North Dakota United States of America
Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.
801 International Parkway Lake Mary, Florida United States of America

Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc. Total misrepresentation of incentive reward-DO NOT DO THIS! Lake Mary, Florida

We were "hustled" by a postcard mailing with an enticing free travel offer into a high pressure discounted travel presentation, similar to a timeshare presentation, only worse, with the promise of "free" travel for two anywhere in the US.  After 90 minutes of listening and working hard to get away without buying (and 3 reps working us over), they gave us our "free" travel certificate for attending.  Their "free" program offer required us to send $100 to their fulfillment company: Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.  After reading the small print (and i do mean small!), it is far from free and very complicated.  I almost sent the money in, but I am averse to FL and CA companies and decided to checked out Smart Travel & Incentives on the web.  Wow! what a wealth of information that confirmed all of my suspicions.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

This is a true classic scam of the highest order and I would warn anyone to NOT get involved and risk a big financial mistake for the travel discount program and a very misleading and costly travel reward that is NOT what they say, i.e. "free".  I tore up my cashier's check to them and walked away feeling lucky that all they got was my time.  Good luck!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc/Lake-Mary-Florida-32746/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc-Total-misrepresentation-of-incentive-reward-DO-NOT-DO-THI-859856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.