Complaint Review: Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 13, 2012

• Reported By: Joyce — Vail Arizona United States of America
Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.
801 International Parkway 5th floor Lake Mary,, Florida United States of America

Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc. misrepresentation, Lake Mary,, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Correction of an oversight

I was supposed to receive a free 7 day cruise for attending a travel company presentation. Before attending the presentation I asked if I could take the cruise with someone other than my husband and was told absolutely no problem. (He hates cruising)  I received the paperwork from Smart Travel & Incentives for the cruise and I read everything thoroughly before sending in the required documents.  Next I received the actual Travel Request Form and to my dismay saw that name changes are not permitted.

I called Smart Travel and was told that if I had listed my name as the primary that I would indeed be allowed to travel with someone else but that since I had put my husbands name first, changes were not possible.  I have copies of the forms that I sent in and there is absolutely no mention anywhere that one of the names is PRIMARY! I pointed this out to the lady on the phone and was told that she couldn't do anything about it.

This is a big rip-off company who will always come up with some nit-picky reason to not honor their promises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc/Lake-Mary-Florida-32746/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc-misrepresentation-Lake-Mary-Florida-834784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.

Correction of an oversight

AUTHOR: Smart Travel - (United States of America)

Hi Joyce,

I first want to apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding on the part of our reps. We do ask that you not call in until after you have activated your vouchers so that we have all of your information in front of us when we speak with you; just so this sort of thing does not happen. We hate to give our customers misinformation. I can only assume that when you asked if you could travel with someone other than your husband the rep assumed your name was going to be first on the file. If you would like to email me at kara@travelsmartincentives.com I would be happy to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.

Thanks