Complaint Review: Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, December 13, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Ray Mc — LaGrange Georgia United States of America
Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.
801 International Pky 5th Fl. Lake Mary, Florida United States of America

Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc. scam at best!..Don't deal with them!! Lake Mary, Florida

We went to this meeting in Auburn, Ala. that was presented by Smart Travel with the promise of a FREE 7 night cruise with airfare for two people. We  recieved all the paper work to send in  two money orders for the trip . A total of $174.00. They said that this was to validate our air and the cruise. I sent in the Travel request forms. There are so many ships that you cannot sail on, ports that you could not sail out of and times that if you go, they tact on a holiday surcharge, peak season surcharge, etc. It was hard to even pick a cruise. They added a $99.00 booking fee plus the Port fees of almost $200.00 plus $92.13 in taxes. This is all on top of the $174.00 that I sent them!! It was cheaper to use Williamsburg Travel here in LaGrange, than to go on this "FREE TRIP"
I wrote and requested my deposit back of $174.00 and they sent me a check for $134.00 stating they kept $40.00 back for activation fees. I would have been happy to take the trip and even asked Smart Travel to send me a list of dates and ships that we could sail on. They replied that they couldn't. That is when I cancelled.

I don't like how they do business. They scam you and do it legally! That's the sad part. Really, nothing that they advertise as free is free. I guess that is why they keep the post card when you leave, so you don't have anything to prove that they out and out lied about the whole deal!  Just think of all the $20.00 activation fees they get to keep when people get fed up and cancel!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc/Lake-Mary-Florida-32746/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc-scam-at-bestDont-deal-with-them-Lake-Mary-Florida-981726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.