Complaint Review: Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, February 15, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 07, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — king of prussia Pennsylvania United States of America
Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.
801 International Parkways 5th floor Internet United States of America

Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc. Liars Internet

*General Comment: Fake???

*UPDATE Employee: Not Free Travel

In summer of 2011, I've got a flyer that I won a free 7 days cruise & air plane tickets. But I have to call & make an appt to attend to the meeting. Me & my husband made an appt and we went to the meeting. They really trick us and we registered for a time share with Eden vacation. They gave us a paper to sign and send it to Travel smart intencive to get our free cruise and plane tickets. I've sent them a deposit of $99.00 & I signed our names and we wanted to go on a crusie in April 2012. Now I've got an e-mail from them that I have to pay same amount that Carnival cruisies is offering for 7 days cruise. How stupid is that?? If it wasn't a fraud then what was it about these 2 companies. Eden vacations & travel smart intencives are liars & they just ripping off people's money by offering them free travels. I asked them to return my money back and they are telling me I have to sign a vacucher and send them back then I can get my money back in 4 to 6 weeks. But I have already paid lots of money for time share just because I thought I am getting a free cruise. These companiens must be closed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2012 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc/internet/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Inc-Liars-Internet-839593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel & Incentives, Inc.

#1 General Comment

Fake???

AUTHOR: Kara - ()

Yes it is true that none of the paperwork mentions anywhere that it is a"free" vacation, BUT everyone of your employees use that exact phrase "FREE VACATION" as their selling point and their "gift" to you.

I agree these companies need to be closed.

Not Free Travel

AUTHOR: Smart Travel - (United States of America)

Dear Mr. & Mrs.

I was able to find your file using the information you provided in your complaint.  I am sorry you were unhappy with the offer you were given for the cruise voucher. I do want to remind you that our travel vouchers do not state anywhere on them that they are for free travel; in fact, they clearly state that fees are due, and also how and why customers would incur surcharges.

We charge a $99.00 per person reservation fee; port fees, and taxes are from the cruise lines and can range from $89.00 per person up to $249.00 per person; taxes can be anywhere from $39.00 per person up to $149.00 per person. I see your fees were right in the middle of those figures. I also see that you selected to depart out of a cruise port that was listed on the terms and conditions as not being included on your voucher and would incur a surcharge. That surcharge was $150.00 per person.  In addition, you selected a date in April which is mid- season for cruising, and again that was stated on the voucher that it would incur a surcharge. That surcharge was $250.00 per person.

Our travel vouchers represent a sizeable savings when you follow the guidelines set forth in the terms and conditions. We find that most customers do not like to be limited or told when to travel, so we do allow you to travel outside of those guidelines and pay for the additional things you request.

The reason that we require an original signature to cancel out a file is because we have in the past accepted them via telephone and had the customer come back and state they never said they wanted to cancel. With a written notice of cancellation that cannot happen. Due to the volume of refunds before and after travel the process takes approximately four weeks.

You certainly do not have to cancel your files; youre welcome to submit new dates for low season out of one of the southern cruise ports to avoid additional surcharges. We want all of our customers to be able to utilize their travel vouchers and enjoy a vacation. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings for you.

Kara Gallagher