Complaint Review: Smart Travel & Incentives

Smart Travel & Incentives
801 International Parkway 5th Floor Lake Mary, Florida United States of America

Smart Travel & Incentives New World Incentives RIP OFF Lake Mary, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Expired

I sent them a money order, just like they said, for $99.  I forgot 1 step...... to send it by Certified Mail!  They had the form correctly filled out, in hand, along with the money order.  They took the time to write me a letter telling me that because I did not send it Certified Mail it was void.  The envelope is stamped "Received Sep 17 2012"  I got it back today, October 19, 2012.  WHY ... because now the 21 days is up!!!  They could have sent it back to me immediately, I would have had time to resend it.  BUT really!!!  They had the money in there hand.  They 1st got $6.95 from me, then I had to send $10.95 to them with the Validation Form.  Then I had to send them the refundable $99 so I got my money order returned (the one that I sent them) and they just made $17.90 from me and every other person who believed they were ligit!!!  They should be hung - THIEVES!!!  And we lose also for the cost of the money orders.  It's definitely wrong!!!

I will keep all my papers.  I hope someone goes after them!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel-Incentives/Lake-Mary-Florida-32746/Smart-Travel-Incentives-New-World-Incentives-RIP-OFF-Lake-Mary-Florida-957326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel & Incentives

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Expired

AUTHOR: Smart Travel - ()

Hi JoAnn,

I am sorry we were unable to activate your travel voucher with us. We voided it because the terms & conditions state that any breaches will result in the voucher becoming void. We have to follow our terms just like we ask you to.

The reason we require them to be sent via certified mail is if something happens to the mail we can pinpoint who the responsible party is. If for instance you did not send it via certified mail and it became lost then it would be your responsibility. If you sent it certified mail and the voucher was lost then it’s the post offices responsibility to fix, and if it were lost after we signed for the certified mail then it’s our responsibility to fix.  Certified mail is for your protection and ours.

The travel vouchers do take 3-4 weeks to process, as stated in the terms and conditions. We receive a lot of mail everyday and it must be opened, sorted, entered and scanned. Once the voucher came in not certified, it was voided. You would not have been able to send it back in via certified mail to have it activated, whether you received it the next day or a month later.

I hope these clears up any confusion for you and again I am sorry that we were unable to activate your voucher with us.

Best regards,