Complaint Review: Smart Travel & Incentives

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: Dave — Columbia South Carolina
Smart Travel & Incentives
Internet USA

Smart Travel & Incentives Claimed they never received my emails and now I have to pay a surcharge. Internet

*Author of original report: Update

I was sent a credit card authorization form on April 2, 2014.  I returned it on April 10, 2014.  No response.  I resent the form on April 30, 2014.  No response.  I sent it for a third time on May 7, 2014 and followed up with a phone call.  The agent I sent the emails to claimed she never received any of them.  I sent a 4th time after the phone call and this time she received them but said it was now too late to get the dates we had been approved for AND now that we were in peak season we would probably have to pay a "surcharge."

I requested some consideration since I had sent the form back 4 weeks earlier.  I was told that she checks her email all of the time and it was never received.  Further I was told that even if she had received my first email on April 10th it would have been past the 72 hour requirement to get the form back.  Nowhere in any correspondence are we told that it needed to be returned within 72 hours.

At no time was there any effort to try and make this situation right.  She said she would try to get our alternate dates approved but we would have to pay a surcharge.  This surcharge is on top of the $75.00 I have already paid and the $120 reservation fee they want to charge me for my "free" vacation.

Seems like the goal of this company is to find ways to upcharge or disqualify you because you did not satisfy the small print.  In my case, I did satisfy the small print but they say I didn't because they supposedly didn't receive any of my emails.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel-Incentives/internet/Smart-Travel-Incentives-Claimed-they-never-received-my-emails-and-now-I-have-to-pay-a-s-1144750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel & Incentives

Update

AUTHOR: Dave Steinberg - ()

Company has been much more responsive.... same day email responses.  There were zero dates available that didn't involve some kind of additional fee so we have requested a refund which they are processing.  Will update if we don't get a refund ... otherwise all is well that ends well.