Complaint Review: SmartSavings - DiscountBookSales

• Submitted: Mon, April 13, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Boise Idaho
SmartSavings - DiscountBookSales
PO Box 810365 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

SmartSavings - DiscountBookSales credit card fraud, unauthorized charges Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: Smart Savings Center - Discount Book Sales.com credit card fraud, unauthorized charges Boca Raton Florida

Like others have reported here, I had to cancel my Credit Card.

I filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office (((link redacted))). Under "consumer protection -> file a complaint"

Inidaho
Boise, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2009 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SmartSavings-DiscountBookSales/Boca-Raton-Florida-33481-0365/SmartSavings-DiscountBookSales-credit-card-fraud-unauthorized-charges-Boca-Raton-Florid-443216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SmartSavings - DiscountBookSales

AUTHOR: Inidaho - (U.S.A.)

I ordered a book from Discount Book Sales for $4.33 on March 1st. On my Credit card statement for balance due May 1st there were 2 separate charges for 29.95 from DBS and 3 separate charges for $1 from variations of Smart Savings Center. I called the number on the statement and the DBS operator told me that they had "enrolled me in a membership" when I ordered the book. She further stated that she would be happy to cancel my "membership" but would not refund any of the unauthorized charges. I was unable to make contact on the Smart Savings Center numbers. Like others have reported here, I had to cancel my Credit Card. I filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office. Under "consumer protection -> file a complaint" Inidaho Boise, Idaho