Complaint Review: SmartStart Inc

• Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By: Chris — Rochester New York United States of America
SmartStart Inc

SmartStart Inc False Violation SCAM Internet

I have had my device in my car for 5+ months of a 6 month sentence. I am literally 8 days away from it being removed from my car once and for all, with no problems as of yet. Some random aborts here and there, but no big deal.

I took my car in for an inspection this afternoon, telling the service guy to let me pull the car in and out and to not leave it running, which he had no problem with. So I start the car, pass the test of course, everything was perfectly normal, no messages on the display. I pull the car in the garage and shut it off and go into the waiting room. 10 minutes later he comes in and tells me he needs me to start it up again because he needs to hook it up to the computer to finish the inspection. I walk out, grab the unit, and !amazingly! it says VIOLOCK4DAYS on the display, BEFORE I even attempted to blow into it. Literally 10 minutes passed and I had a violation lock, without even attempting to start the car! So now, I have to go there and pay $90 to have it unlocked, only to go back again 4 days later, pay ANOTHER $120 to have the thing removed from my car.

This device is either faulty or the company itself is full of scam artists. I was hit with a violation without even attempting to take a test, while the car was OFF. Im 8 days from it being removed and they are somehow going to steal another $90 from me before its all over. I have done everything in my power to get through this 6 months without trouble, because obviously a DWI brings enough trouble to begin with. But somehow, they have managed to give me one last headache when I've continued to do nothing wrong. Customer service for this "company" is a complete joke, they listen to your story, and give you excuses for the violation that don't even fit in with the situation I just described to them. Unbelievable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SmartStart-Inc/internet/SmartStart-Inc-False-Violation-SCAM-Internet-916837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SmartStart Inc