Complaint Review: SmartStyle

• Submitted: Sat, July 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, April 28, 2010

• Reported By:Shreveport Louisiana
SmartStyle
1645 E INDUSTRIAL LOOP Shreveport, Louisiana U.S.A.

SmartStyle Blotchy, Horrible, Overcharged.. Shreveport Louisiana

*UPDATE Employee: just a thought.

*UPDATE Employee: I wouldnt have paid

*Consumer Comment: Problem with hair color

*UPDATE Employee: 150.00??? Go contact Management

I went go get my hair colored, I showed the lady a picture of how I had my hair colored in the past, and told her I wanted it like the picture. My hair is now orange and blotchy, and she charged me 150 for this. If I knew I was going to get charged 150 for such a service, I would have went somewhere else! The stylists (HA!) name was Benita! I hope I can get a refund..

Beverly
Shreveport, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2005 02:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SmartStyle/Shreveport-Louisiana-71105/SmartStyle-Blotchy-Horrible-Overcharged-Shreveport-Louisiana-148275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SmartStyle

just a thought.

AUTHOR: desirablyconfuse - (United States of America)

what did you have on your hair previously..because she could have taken all the right steps and because of your previous color it can make it look orange if you have used box color or anything with metallic dyes..just something to have in mind.

I wouldnt have paid

AUTHOR: Kathy Johnson - (U.S.A.)

I would have asked for my to be redone another day by another stylist she should hav e never let you leave that way that is very unprofesional and alot of nerve you have five days to get a redo never ask for the same stylist. Things to consider dark hair sometime as light as it will get as orange she should have known by looking at your hair and giving a proper consultation. Blondes are very tricky always go with somneone you can tust. Ask for free conditoning tretmeants after all its there fault surely they cant mess that up. You could have refused to pay you shoulod have gtotten the manager and had it toned down tell them you want some warmth or it will turn green.

Im sorry you whent through this you should have been informed of you rights there is a number in every salon on the wall to report such things smart style aims to please but there is so much they can do when they dont know its happening. Speak up and report her.

Problem with hair color

AUTHOR: April - (U.S.A.)

I was wondering: Did you ask how much your service would be before starting?

Did you express your feelings about your service to the stylist after your service was completed?

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I work for a said SmartStyle (manager). I have yet to ever charge any length of hair that much money. Go contact Management