Complaint Review: Smartfares

• Submitted: Sat, March 09, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 09, 2013

• Reported By: rosehouse — Lowell Massachusetts United States of America

Smartfares Smartfares Is A Scam! Internet

I needed to book a ticket next month,and time was running out. So I did  rush reviews and found Smartfares got 4 1/2 stars reviews which I thought they had a better prices and services. After I paid online, the itinerary and the confirmation # appeared and vanished in the blink of my eyes, I only have time to glimpse the first 3 letters of the confirmation #. So I called Smartfares imm and was told the data base was huge, I have to wait couple hours to receive the itinerary. I made another two calls last night and was hanged up rudely by the customer services. Again, I tried this morning, a lady asserted me she would send email to me and then hanged up. At my last call to Smartfares, a guy finally "honestly" told me that I've to pay another $92 to get my reservation number,the  confirmation # I got was only confirmed I agreed to reserve a ticket but not the finalized.

I called Amex to appeal the charges because the business was a fraud. However, they said besides the charges from airline there was $17 from Merchant E Solutions, but not Smartfares, the appeal would take several days for process and told me to call airline instead. Fortunately, the airline gave me the confirmation # and itinerary. Thank you to UA at this point. Also, I authorized Amex to ban the future from the same merchant.

I totally spent more than 6 hours in this ordeal, I advise anyone please do not buy ticket from Smartfares, their business should have banned long time ago.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2013 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smartfares/internet/Smartfares-Smartfares-Is-A-Scam-Internet-1026034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smartfares