Complaint Review: Smartstyle Family Hair Salon

• Submitted: Wed, April 09, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:The Villages Florida
Smartstyle Family Hair Salon
4885 Wedgewood Lane The Villages, Florida U.S.A.

Smartstyle Family Hair Salon Double dipping on Shampoo and Style in addition to a perm The Villages Florida

*UPDATE Employee: 8000#

On April 5th I went to the local Smartstyle, located in our nearby Walmart. I waited approximate 45 minutes to get a perm. (Not a problem). Sunshine (real name) who I learned was the Manager took care of me. She was very sweet and pleasant. I told her that I wanted medium rods but she insisted on smaller ones so I could get more cuts out of my perm. This I agreed to. All went well and I charged the bill.

When I arrived home and looked at the receipt, I realized that Sunshine had charged me twice for Shampoo and Styling, in addition to the perm. This she explained before the perm but I never imagined I would be charged twice for shamppo and style. My perm was $44.95 and one shamppo and Styled (Advanced) was $17.50, while the other one on my bill was Shamppo and Style Basic for $14.95. I assumed that Sunshine had made a mistake so I went back on Monday, only to find out that Sunshine was not working that day and was told that no one else could make it right, and that I would have to come back on Tuesday when Sunshine was working.

On Tuesday I returned to the Salon to find Sunshine cutting a man's hair. She acknowledge me and I told her there was a problem with my bill. At that point she told me to take a seat and she would be with me as soon as she finished the man's haircut. By the way, during my perm she left me several times to wait on customers but now I had to wait for her. When she finished her cut I explained that she had charged me twice for two haircuts on top of the perm. She said she had explained all that to me and that was the right charge. She even told me she had given me a discount. I plan to let Walmart know about this, since this salon is in their store. I also need to write a letter to Smartsyle but can not seem to find a home office for them.

Sue
The Villages, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2008 06:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smartstyle-Family-Hair-Salon/The-Villages-Florida-32162/Smartstyle-Family-Hair-Salon-Double-dipping-on-Shampoo-and-Style-in-addition-to-a-perm-The-324747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smartstyle Family Hair Salon