• Report: #193257

• Submitted: Thu, May 25, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 01, 2006

• Reported By:batavia New York
Smartstyle - Regis
100 Marketplace Drive Henrietta, New York U.S.A.

Smartstyle - Regis ripoff unfairly blamed lied to and fired! Henrietta New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: youre lucky amy!

*UPDATE Employee: some reason I don't believe you

i would like to let other stylists know smartstyle is run by liars and backstabbers! i got a note the other day to come early and meet with the regional to discuss my new position at a brand new salon opening next mo. instead i was blamed for everything not getting done and was let go!the regional manager admitted she lied so id go in! this salon plays favorites. i worked with three other women and work the fewest hrs. but i was blamed for inventory not getting done and the regis corp having to pay late fees to the co that rents the inventory scanning equipment.

I was even told i was in the wrong going in 10 mins early one day last week and sitting behind the reception desk. the others were busy and i would have sold retail and answered the ph. i was told it was against co policy to even answer the ph off the clock! i go in early and help out and this is what i get! ive been there 2 mos. never missed a day,went in early,switched shifts with others,stayed past my shift if there were customers waiting. this is the thanks i get! nothing was mentioned about my services. i was building a clientele and ppl loved my work and would request me! i will NEVER work for or patronize a regis owned salon again! this co treats everyone like garbage unless youre one of their "pets"

Michael
Batavia, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2006 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smartstyle-Regis/Henrietta-New-York/Smartstyle-Regis-ripoff-unfairly-blamed-lied-to-and-fired-Henrietta-New-York-193257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smartstyle - Regis

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

youre lucky amy!

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

You're fortunate to be in a good and well run salon. The salon I worked at has gone through 8 managers, its been open for one year! They cant keep managers, the business is slow because stylists wont stay. Including me!

I was getting a following and I got let go. I went in early several times to help out. That was grounds for termination!(working off the clock) I told regional, I wont be ordered around by managers or co workers. Insubordination!

All I asked for was to be treated like I'd want to be treated. No, I get fired for going above and beyond! This is why I will never recommend this career to anyone unless they have a lot of money to open their own shop!

some reason I don't believe you

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I have read your name on here b4. And remember some of those things you wrote. You just don't seem to be telling all of the truth. I am a manager of a SmartSyle Salon.