Complaint Review: Smartstyle

• Submitted: Tue, April 11, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 21, 2008

• Reported By:batavia New York
Smartstyle
Rochester, New York U.S.A.

Smartstyle ripoff has major problems! Rochester New York

*UPDATE Employee: hiring

*UPDATE Employee: cant believe it

*UPDATE Employee: I am a manager

i am currently a stylist at smartstyle in rochester,ny. i hope the regis corporation reads this! my salon and a few others in the area refuse to have more than one stylist on most of the time. the problem is this: ppl wont return because stylists have to stop what theyre doing every few minutes to answer the ph or cash out retail sales. i had 2 clients yesterday tell me this is ridiculous that i had to stop 3 or 4 times during their haircuts. these clients told mee since i couldnt devote 100% of my time doing their hair without being interrupted. they wont return!

I've spoken to my manager and she agrees this is why the salons are slow. ppl dont appreciate being serviced without the constant interruptions. i have to agree with them. the regional isnt allowed to hire more stylists so at least 2 are on at all times that the salon is open! ppl also walk out when they see only one stylist working. regis corporation is only interested in the bottom line. not good customer service. this will catch up with them! my manager has had the same problem with unhappy ppl because of this. as i said,i hope the higher ups at regis reads this! my manager is going to write a letter and send it to the corporate office!

Michael
batavia, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2006 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smartstyle/Rochester-New-York/Smartstyle-ripoff-has-major-problems-Rochester-New-York-186135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smartstyle

hiring

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

The reason they want to hire more people when everyone is making 50% is because your salon is so busy and on paper that means more than likely you are having to many people walk out because of the wait or they just walk by and don't bother because they see how crowed it is and think the wait will be to long and the wait time is obvious to long. Not because they don't want you to make 50% they want you to continue to pad your pocketbook with the people who decided not to come in because of all the people who signed in on the list. Besides if you have been with the company long enough why do you care if you have to hire. That means you should continue to make 50% commissions because that mean you have a HUGE clientele. Any of this make sense? :)

cant believe it

AUTHOR: Kathy Johnson - (U.S.A.)

I work for smart stlyle and we have twerlve stylist every time we get to were to many people are making 50% they hire some one else to make it harder to do so. that sucks man because there is nothing worse than being stuck like chuck and people dont care how hard you working they only care about how long they wait and then they want you take your time on them. You to call someone high up because thats wrong they just want to keep payroll down

I am a manager

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

Michael,
That is serious slander to the company.
You SAID: regis corporation is only interested in the bottom line. not good customer service. this will catch up with them.

Your manager has a super to answer to also, just as I do. Honestly the company doesn't put up with laziness. The super gets the numbers on how the store is doing. If your labor is to high then your manager has to hire, (THE HOMEOFFICE WILL TELL THE SUPER THIS)if there are any hiree's available. My labor is really high and including myself I only have 4 stylist in a busy salon, and on Mondays I can only have 2 stylist working, and the rest of the week excluding Fri/Sat there are only 3 per day that work.

I don't have the applicants pouring in like other salons, so my employees and I work really hard and make great money. Honestly my stylist would not have it any other way.

We are a walk-in basis salon and most clients realize you may have to leave them to answer the phone and ring up retail.

Regis is interested in making money and keeping the clients happy. It is your responsibility for the customer service. You were hired for a reason, and most likely that is because when you manager interviewed you she like you and thought that you would make a great asset to Regis.
If anyone said that Regis was in business for the bottom line and not customer service then we would have a problem on our hands.