Complaint Review: Smc

• Submitted: Tue, January 09, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 09, 2007

• Reported By:phila. Pennsylvania
Smc
996flower Glen Street,simivalley Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

Smc Specialty Merchandise Corporation smc led to me after i seen the commercial on tv i thought smc could be my dream job so i called the representative name bertha told me i would have an free website over 3 thousand product and i would make money that first week all lies Ripoff Simi Valley California

*Consumer Suggestion: Me too

hello everyone my report is about smc aka specialty merchandise corporation when i first heard about smc it was on an commercial and it sound so good and easy i thought maybe this could be my dream job what person does not want to work from home and make money so anyway after seeing the commercial i called i spoke to an representative name bertha and she told me i would have an beautiful website with over 3 thousand products to sell i asked her so my cutomers can just go to my website and purcase my merchandise she said yes and then i asked her about the products thats going to be on my website she said i would be selling clothes jewelry and other fine exciting things so i purchase the membership kit it came three weeks later it was alot of catalogs and books but anyway i call to set up an apptment with my business coach joel she called me back aweek later so when she called me all she was doing is trying to make me spend more money telling that i needed to buy gift cards to sell to my customer in order for them to purchase anything from my website so i was upset and hung up on her because the representative did not tell me i was getting an gift card website so she lied to me so then i called my business coach back to ask her how to cancel she never called me back so i called the members line to cancel all you hear is kerry cox voice telling you how to cancel so unprofessional why cant i talk to anybody so let me remind you already three and the half weeks past so i sent them an email and they told me its to late for me to cancel because by the time theyll recieve the kit my thirty days would have been up so i could not cancel so i decided to give smc a chance so i waited for my website it came 4 weeks later when i seen my website i thought this was a joke looks like my two year old made it the products on my website looked so cheap i was like what happen to the products i seen on the commercial smc is a scam and there is now way to cancel if you buy the membership kit there taking my money and overdrafting my account and i'm not making no money i am an low income family of four trying to help support us but smc is making me broke i'm so mad at smc and tom bosley they cant be honest they have to scam people out of there money so if anybody else got scam by smc lets get togetther and file an lawsuit i'm ready.

Markquita
phila., Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2007 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smc/Simi-Valley-California-93065/Smc-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-smc-led-to-me-after-i-seen-the-commercial-on-tv-i-th-229607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smc

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Me too

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

The very same thing happened to me. But I was quick enough to get a refund. I would suggest that you cancel your member as soon as you can. The website you have as a monthly fee of around $20. If you did not buy the kit outright, they will keep charging the monthly fee on the kit until it is paid for. Then next year charge you for the anual fee.

So I would send everything back and cancel the wesite fast. Follow there direction to the letter or they will deny they received it.

Best of luck