Complaint Review: Smile Care Dental Services

• Reported By:norco ca
Smile Care Dental Services
Riverside, California U.S.A.

Smile Care Dental Riverside California/Los Angeles scary and unprofessional

They say you have a free consultation on your initial visit...so they say....

Then when you get there to have one toothed pulled and mind you a payment to pull a tooth is @25.00 and must be paid that same day. No problem... But then they draw up a estimate totaling $4,500.00 and expect me to pay them them before the work to crown the pulled tooth area is even started.

I wrote them a letter and called there office and the gal said no problem when you are ready just let me know. They wanted a 500.00 deposit up front before they even started the work. And I have insurance.

They said they couldnt start the work until I made at least a $250.00 deposit towards the $500.00 deposit they wanted me to pay. When the gal gave me the estimate I told her specifically that I was unemployed at the time. It was no problem. Well needless to say I addresed another letter and sent it to them telling them how obsurd I thought it was that they actually thought thought they could start billing me and no appointment had been made yet. They didnt even schedule a follow up appt with me when I went in there to just have one tooth pulled. This all took place in January 2001. Now its July 2001 and I am getting a letter from Smile Care saying that effective July 1st, 2001 All balances must be paid. GO FIGURE???

I need some advice on how to pursue this action...HELP! "Would you expect to get that kind of money handed to you up front when you didnt even start the work? And to top it off they had a intern who pulled my tooth initally and it took him over a hour to pull my tooth not to mention he had to call other interns in to assist him and he found that rather humerous. So please someone help me hear ... Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smile-Care-Dental-Services/Riverside-California/Smile-Care-Dental-Riverside-CaliforniaLos-Angeles-scary-and-unprofessional-5793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smile Care Dental Services