Complaint Review: Smith Cole

• Updated: Wed, April 18, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Bensalem Pennsylvania United States of America
Smith Cole
1630 Arch St Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Smith Cole Holly Blake This guy sent a message that he wanted to buy a solar water heater I posted on Craigs List. He requested my address to send a check. He requested that I send the remining money from my account and wes Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Cole Smith replied to an add I ran in Craigs list for a solar water heater at the price of $1500. Without asking for details about the make and manufacturer or the size of the water heater he wrote that he wanted to purchase the system and I should take the add down. He requested my Name and address so he could send payment in the form of a certified check. He provided a private check in the amount of $3750 and told me to wire via western union $2150 to Holly Blake 1534 Lancaster Ave Wilmington DE 19805. There is no Holly Blake at that address. He told me to keep $100 for the trouble of transferring the money. I wanted to trust him, but my gut said don't. Then I realized that the check would not clear before he wanted me to wire this money. I contacted the bank and they told me this was a scam and they started the process of reversing the deposit. He kept emailing that he was a god fearing man and that he would never scam. Then he tried to turn the thing around and accused me of trying to pull something. I called the bank again to determine the time for the reversal to take place. They informed me the check was counterfeit. He continued to send threats that he was getting the FBI involved. Then he requested me to transfer the money again and sent me a knew address for Holly Blake, 1630 Arch St. Philadelphia PA 19805. Sorry, but that isn't the correct zip code and the address is new construction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2012 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smith-Cole/-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19805/Smith-Cole-Holly-Blake-This-guy-sent-a-message-that-he-wanted-to-buy-a-solar-water-heater-870302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smith Cole