Complaint Review: Smith Cole

• Submitted: Wed, August 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:Parker Colorado
Smith Cole
craigslist.org- email Commerce City, Colorado U.S.A.

Smith Cole Scam attempt through craigslist sale Commerce City Colorado

I was contacted by an individual regarding furniture I posted for sale on craigslist. He wanted to purchase my table and sent me this email:

"i will like to buy this item so pls do withdraw the advert from Craigslist. I will also like you to know that i will be paying by check due to the distance as i am curreently out of town and i will have my mover to come for the pickup as soon as the check cleared and cashed..I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check."

This misspellings, sense of urgency, and lack of information lead me to do some research. I found that a similar email address tried to buy a $300 product from Craigslist, mailed a check for $2000 and told the purchaser to give the additional $1600 to his mover when he picks up the product. Because I was able to find this posting I completely avoided becoming involved and was able to sell my table to a local person. I urge anyone who has experienced scams to post online so that others can avoid it... and always do some research when you have your doubts.

Parker, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2008 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smith-Cole/Commerce-City-Colorado/Smith-Cole-Scam-attempt-through-craigslist-sale-Commerce-City-Colorado-365162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smith Cole