offers

Complaint Review: Smith Lawn Maintenance, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: Lori — Hollywood Florida United States of America
Smith Lawn Maintenance, Inc.
1727 NW 166th Avenue Pembroke Pines, Florida United States of America

Smith Lawn Maintenance, Inc. Hired to remove ficus bushes; left 15 stumps in ground, damaged fence Pembroke Pines, Florida

I hired company to remove ficus bushes on 2 sides in my backyard and haul off for $300.  I initialed this price in their log book.  The next day, the owner came to my house and told me the price given me by his employee was too low and he verbally raised the price to $450.

I was pressured and reluctantly agreed.  I felt I had no choice.  The job was not finished.  I had already given his employee $200.00 and was not given a receipt.  The employee denied being given the money.  The owner threatened me with going to the police.  I told him to call the police and also make sure he showed them the ledger I signed for $300.  Ten minutes later he called and told me he decided not to involve the police and he would have his guys come to finish the job the next day.

The owner came to my house the following day to collect the $250 balance, which I paid in cash.  He did not give me a receipt, and I was also unaware that all his jobs are supposed to be guaranteed.

Whoever finished the removal of the bushes, covered the stumps with leaves and dirt and I was unaware of this until the following weekend when I raked to clean up and discovered 15 stumps had not been removed and the fence had been badly damaged on one side by his crew and not fixed.

It took 3 days for the owner to take my call to tell me in order for him to com back to remove the 15 remaining stumps, I would be required to take the fence down.  Of course, this is not possible and now I need to pay someone else to finish the job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 12:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smith-Lawn-Maintenance-Inc/Pembroke-Pines-Florida-33028/Smith-Lawn-Maintenance-Inc-Hired-to-remove-ficus-bushes-left-15-stumps-in-ground-dama-975355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smith Lawn Maintenance, Inc.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC