Complaint Review: Smith's Tire Service

• Updated: Sat, November 17, 2012

• Reported By: Bonnie — West Cola United States of America
Smith's Tire Service
1534 Sunset Boulevard West Columbia, South Carolina United States of America

Smith's Tire Service ....Sold me a rotten tire with a nail in it!!... West Columbia South Carolina

I was expecting to buy four good quality used tires but what I recieved were four used tires and one was rotten with a nail in it. When I purchased the tires they did not have them in and the employee that was helping me said they would be there around 1pm and they would give me a call to come back up there once the tires came in. Since I had a doughnut tire on my car they replaced it out with one of their used tire they had until the tires I purchased got there. 1 o clock came, 2 o clock, and then three I gave them a call asking about the tires.

The employee stated the truck with the tires had just arrived I said well was anyone going to call and let me know and he claimed they were about too. He said he had to check the truck to see if the tires I purchased were on there and he would give me a call back in "one minute" one minute turned into an hour and fifteen minutes and I had to call them back asking about the tires I had purchased. The employee stated that the tires were not on the truck and he could put on some other better quality tires until the ones I purchased came in the next morning.

I told I was going out of town in the am and I need my tires that day. He said he could put on another set of tires he had that will get me through the next day and once I got back in town to come by and they would swap them out. So once I get to the shop they tell me they have two 14in tires and two 16 in tires they can put on because they didn't have two more 14in tires. They put the tires on and once I leave my stirring wheel is now shaking and my car is making a rattling noise.

I turn around and go back to the shop and tell them whats wrong and they adjust the tires and said they weren't balanced. The next am which is today I am leaving to go out of town and one of the tires they put on my car is now flat with a bunch of small cracks in it. I immediately call the shop and the guy tells me he cannot do anything he would get my name and number and pass it along to the manager. About three hours later I had not recieved a phone call, I called the shop and I did not get an answer. My brother called the shop and I did not get an answer,once my brother put on my spare tire we went to the shop and asked why had I not recieved a phone call and what do they plan to do about my tires. He said the tires had not come in yet the ones I purchased and they should be there around 1pm.

I said screw that I want my money back or new tires on my car. The guy whose shirt clearly said manager on it said he could not do anything I would have to wait until the other manager came in I asked did he know when he would be there he said no. I said this has been never inconvenient for me and something needs to be down. They took the tire off and said it had a nail in it. I am now waiting for the tires I purchased originally to come in. I advise NO ONE to go to this tire shop they have HORRIBLE service and are not dependable and reliable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smiths-Tire-Service/West-Columbia-South-Carolina-29169/Smiths-Tire-Service-Sold-me-a-rotten-tire-with-a-nail-in-it-West-Columbia-South-970612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smith's Tire Service