Complaint Review: Smithsonian Institution

• Updated: Thu, January 20, 2011

• Reported By: bobtown — Philo Illinois United States of America
Smithsonian Institution
P. O. Box 37012 Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

Smithsonian Institution Sends out threatining letters if unordered merchandise is not paid for. Washington, District of Columbia

Several years ago, I ordered some appointment books from Smithsonian, usng my credit card. I was pleased with the product and the price. The following year, I received another order from them, and the charged my creit card account, only this time the shipping charges were unreasonable. I called them, and they sent me a return label, and I returned the merchandise and my account was credited. At that time, I requested that I be removed from their lists. The assured me that they would.

The next year, I received more appointment books, with a request that I pay their outlandish charges. (My credit card is no longer in service) I called them again, and went through the return process, again requesting that I be removed from their list.

This year, I received more appointment books, and although I returned them, I am getting letters threatining to turn me over to a collection agency, and ruin my credit rating.

James Smithson would be appaled!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2011 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smithsonian-Institution/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20013/Smithsonian-Institution-Sends-out-threatining-letters-if-unordered-merchandise-is-not-pai-684696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smithsonian Institution