Complaint Review: Smoke Freely, LLC

• Updated: Thu, November 04, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Ramona California United States of America
Smoke Freely, LLC
14301 N. 87th Street Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Smoke Freely, LLC Prado Electronic Cigarette Free Offer for Prado Elec Cig Complete FRAUD Scottsdale, Arizona

I received an email offering a Prado Electronic Cigarette for free if I paid the shipping costs for 5 filters. It directed me to a website that said the same thing. About 2 weeks later I saw that Smoke Freely LLC had debited my bank account $149.90.  I called the phone number that appeared on my statement. It was a fulfillment house. I explained that there was NO DISCLOSURE that: (1) this item was for a trial period, (2) the cost of the item, (3 )that if I did not call and cancel, they would charge me $149.90, and (4) they did not give me a phone number TO CALL. I explained that I had not used the electronic cigarette and wanted to return it for a refund. They offered only $70. After some haggling, they offered $100 refund.  This is deceptive advertising! They do not disclose that their offers are on a trial basis. They do not disclose the cost of the item. They do not disclose that they will charge you if you do not cancel. They do not give you a phone number to call and cancel. This is a complete RIP-OFF. I am going to be their worst nightmare because I hate companies that do this. For others out there, you can make formal complaints to the BBB in the companies state and with the FTC (Fed Trade Commission). If these companies receive enough complaints from people who have been ripped off by this company, they will put a stop to it and no other consumers will get burned...at least with this company or product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2010 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smoke-Freely-LLC/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Smoke-Freely-LLC-Prado-Electronic-Cigarette-Free-Offer-for-Prado-Elec-Cig-Complete-FRAUD-658445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smoke Freely, LLC