• Report: #1119389

• Updated: Wed, January 29, 2014

• Reported By: Tiphareth — Mount Vernon Washington
Smokey Point Customs
18824 Smokey Point Blvd Arlington, Washington USA

Smokey Point Customs Owner - David W. Bredman This company destroyed my dream Arlington Washington

I took my car into Smokey Point Customs in Arlington Washington on Sept. 4th to have some scratches buffed out and the bumper fixed and both the fender and bumper repainted. Upon completion of the work, I noticed A LOT of things wrong. First, they didn't buff the scratches out, just painted over them, secondly they didn't match the paint so there's a distinct line in the middle of the fender, thirdly they didn't clean the bumper when they added the clear coat so it's smearing off and fourthly they didn't tape off the engine bay so they sprayed primer all over it.

I tried calling them all day the day I picked itup and never got an answer so finally I had to drive back down to the shop and showed them what was wrong. They tried to clean off the paint with acetone and damaged many of the under hood components, including stripping the paint off down to to the primer and scratching up the plastic parts PLUS chipping the pain off the engine cover. [continued below]....

.....

I finally had to tell them to stop because they were causing so much damage! I left and got some estimates on how much it would cost to repair all the damages they caused and when I returned with them I had them thrown in my face and told I was insane if I thought they were actually going to pay for any of the damages they caused.

I left and filed a small claims suit against them. That night my car had primer residue dumped all over it while it was sitting outside my bedroom window. I filed a report with the Sheriff but since I didn't see them do it there isn't much they can do.

Court came and went and I won the case and they are still refusing to pay for the damages they caused. Apparently going to court doesn't matter because even with a judgement against them, they still won't pay. I found out the only thing I can do now is hire a collection agency to collect for me and they will take 50% of the money which won't leave me enough money to get my car fixed. Either that or continue to pay my lawyer at 200 per hour which will eat up any monies I would've gotten to back to fix my car completely and I will be in the exact same boat I am in now.

My husband and I come from very very humble backgrounds and we saved and worked for years to get our credit to the point where I could finally get my dream car and just two short months after getting it, this is what has happened. I have tried many times to collect the money and I get called names, threatened and made fun of by the owner. I don't know what else to do except have this person exposed for who and what he is and hopefully it will same someone else the heartache I have had to endure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2014 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smokey-Point-Customs/Arlington-Washington-98223/Smokey-Point-Customs-Owner-David-W-Bredman-This-company-destroyed-my-dream-Arlington-W-1119389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smokey Point Customs