Complaint Review: Smooth Fitness

• Reported By: dharv — Gouverneur New York
Smooth Fitness
780 Fifth Ave., Suite 120 Internet United States of America

Smooth Fitness Horrible! Internet

I received a Smooth Fitness 5.65i treadmill as a gift from my spouse for my birthday last year (2012).  In less than a year, the machine ceased functioning.  According to the unit's error message code, the motor was defective.  I attempted to contact their customer service repeatedly, but would always get disconnected.  I e-mailed, with no response.  Only after I filed a report with the Better Business Bureau did I get a response from someone.  At first I was told that nothing could be done, because I didn't have proof of purchase, which is preposterous.  It was a gift.  My husband did not have or keep a receipt.  It was purchased online, and delivered, brand new in the box by freight truck.  Then I continued to complain through the BBB, and was e-mailed by two different people stating that they could, in fact, assist me.  Because I have a life - I moved, am raising three young children solo, with a husband in the U.S. Army away on numerous out-of-state training missions in prep for a middle-eastern deployment, I could not follow through immediately with the company.  I recently e-mailed their service department again to pick up where I left off, thinking that I was going to get some assistance.  All I received was a response yet again telling me that they would do nothing.  I filed a new report with the BBB.  Today, someone be the name of Jim who spoke in a nasty tone again told me they would do nothing for me, and outright lied to me about a conversation he had with my husband, which I know is completely false, because my husband has been away repeatedly for weeks and weeks, and has completely different contact info than my own.  This company is of the poorest quality, with the worst customer service I have ever experienced, and their products are of the poorest quality, to have broken down in less than one year.  All they did was give me the run around.  And to not offer the slightest assistance on their defective product simply because the machine was a gift?  Preposterous.  Avoid Smooth Fitness at all cost!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smooth-Fitness/internet/Smooth-Fitness-Horrible-Internet-1039081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smooth Fitness