intended

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Margaret — Lansdowne Pennsylvania United States of America
Sneakers, sandals, pumps, flats

Sneakers, sandals, pumps, flats "Style Time" I got a shower cap from China instead of the shoes I ordered! Internet

I ordered a pair of $100 shoes for $50 from a strange website...I should have known better. The name of the website is either "Style Time" or "Sneakers, Sandals, Pumps and Flats"-ladies shoes. They sent me one email acknowledging the order, and after that, no shipping confirmation or any other communication. They have a "Contact Us' page on the their website, but I sent three emails to them, (or so I thought) and received no reply.

After two and half weeks or so I had not received the shoes, and  one day I find this little package from China in my mailbox-I open it, and it;s a shower cap!  A really cheap one...the disposable type. So I put two and two together, and realized I'd been had. So I checked on the internet, and found a number of similar complaints-people had purchased shoes (or some other item) from a bogus website, and received a shower cap in the mail from China.

I filed a complaint with PayPal, and after their investigation, they informed me that I would not get my money back because the seller had proof of shipping! I filed an appeal, they told me to file a police report, which I did, and they finally did reimburse me.

I read a report on this site by a fellow who got ripped off by the same gang-the company is different, this time it's called "Star", and he ordered shoes, and got a sponge from China! I cannot understand why PayPal continues to do business with these folks, and how they continue to get away with this!  They apparently set up numerous bogus websites to entrap people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sneakers-sandals-pumps-flats/internet/Sneakers-sandals-pumps-flats-Style-Time-I-got-a-shower-cap-from-China-instead-of-the-955312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sneakers, sandals, pumps, flats