Complaint Review: Snowbald's Sphynx Cattery

• Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Calgary Alberta Canada
Snowbald's Sphynx Cattery
martensville, Saskatchewan United States of America

I had been looking for exactly the right sphynx kitten when i happened upon s****.> they happened to be delivering a kitten and offered to deliver ours. a week before delivery an unexpected situation came up leaving us financially incapable of taking the kitten at that time so i messaged and explained, asking for an extra few weeks until finances were better, and he did not have a problem with that. I contacted as soon as things were back to normal (a month) and it took more than four days to get a reply, he said Susan was in the hospital, they had sold the kitten and offered me a female. I wasn't interested in a female, but after talking it over with a vet, since she would be fixed, so i told him we would take her.

Two weeks passed and no reply, however as he had added me as a friend on facebook, i had seen him online multiple times each day, so i finally messaged him and asked for my money back. ONLY THEN did he (coincidentally) instantly reply! and try to tell me that the deposit was non-refundable... after dozens and dozens of emails and facebook messages, never having ONCE told me this BEFORE or AFTER until this exact point. when I told him i knew that he was unable to keep the deposit based on that fact(and i still have every email and message to prove it) he deleted me immediately from facebook.

when you know someone has paid you money and you KNOW they are waiting for a reply, shouldn't you check back for messages? in all the times he was online, he couldn't reply to my email in between his facebook games to let me know what was going on? he had also told me the kitten was $1000 when they were advertised on kijiji for $800!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 12:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Snowbalds-Sphynx-Cattery/martensville-Saskatchewan-s0k2t0/Snowbalds-Sphynx-Cattery-Rob-or-Susan-Ripped-off-by-Scam-Sphynx-Breeder-with-Many-Excuses-1006499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Snowbald's Sphynx Cattery