Complaint Review: Snuggie Blanket - getsnuggie.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 22, 2008

• Reported By:Madison Wisconsin
Snuggie Blanket - getsnuggie.com
.getsnuggie.com Wallingford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Snuggie Blanket - getsnuggie.com No access to "live" customer service, bad web site, real rip-off - watch out!!!! Wallingford Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: You could have got this at Major's Surplus

On Nov 17, 2008, Chuck from Lakeside, CA wrote about his experience with this website (I quote):

"I thought these blankets would make a great Christmas gift so I went on line to purchase. Having seen the commercial for buy one and get one for only $19.95 plus $7.95 shipping and handling I thought it was a great deal. I go online to purchase the two blankets and when my total comes up it for $77.95! I knew then that this was a misleading ad. They were charging for both blankets and also doubling the charge for shipping and handling. Needless to say I closed the site before I purchased. Please beware this is the old bait and switch game. Thanks for listening.

Chuck
lakeside, California
U.S.A."

===============================================

I had the exact same experience as Chuck, except I was unable to stop the transaction.

Let me outline the issues here:
a) There is no confirmation page for your order. You click, make selection, and the order is entered! This is a bad design for a web site. 99.999% of "decent" web shopping sites give you this option.
b) The selection screens lead you to believe you are selecting the color for the free blanket (ie, so that you can order the one and get the other free one of a different color). Instead, what it does is that it uses that information for a SECOND pair of blankets of a different color!!!! So that's why it appears as a double charge.
c) There is no access to a live customer service person to cancel the order!!! The website is a "front" and in my mind a real "scam".

Now, if you don't believe me, please don't commit the same mistake I made. At least click on the "customer service" link at the bottom of the page and confirm my concerns. There is a 1-800 line, but it's an automated customer service rep (ie, a machine), with no option to get to an operator or anything of the sort!!! You will not be able to correct/back out of any transactions, and heaven only knows what to do if there is something wrong with the product...

This is a trap! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE. If they are serious about business, they should give folks the option of speaking to someone about corrections to their order. I am seriously bummed because now I'm going to have to call my credit card company and make a stop bill for all orders and my daughter won't get her blanket for Christmas... This is a real headache and these folks should not be in business (and someone should close their "shop")...

RC

Shame OnMe
Madison, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Snuggie-Blanket-getsnuggiecom/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Snuggie-Blanket-getsnuggiecom-No-access-to-live-customer-service-bad-web-site-real-403856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Snuggie Blanket - getsnuggie.com

You could have got this at Major's Surplus

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I saw this advertised at my favorite catalog merchant which is Major's Surplus for the same price as the stupid TV show and I KNOW that you wil get what you order and pay for at Major's because I HAVE BEEN ORDERING FROM THEM, PAYING WITH US POSTAL MONEY ORDER and RECEIVING MY MERCHANDISE FOR YEARS.

They have a toll free number where you can call and request a print catalog OR you can go online. Just make sure that you send your money order to a REAL ADDRESS by the US Postal Service because they have postal inspectors to investigate in case something goes wrong, it will be a FEDERAL CRIME and you DO NOT want to commit a FEDERAL CRIME these days.

I just IGNORE things I see on TV and things I see online.

I keep my financial business OFF THE DAMN INTERNET where any thug who knows programming can HACK it and steal your money and your identity.
Maybe you can contest the charges with your credit card company. I hope so.

I think there are several drug store chains and several discount stores where you can buy this IN PERSON as well.

Good luck!