Complaint Review: Snuggie

• Submitted: Mon, February 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:Bedford New Hampshire
Snuggie
www.freesnuggie.com Wallingford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Snuggie, FreeSnuggie Nothing FREE about "FreeSnuggie!!" Shipping & Handling RIP-OFF!!! BEWARE!!!! Wallingford Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: Same thing happened to me....

While ordering my "FreeSnuggie" I noticed that there was an opportunity to get free shipping and handling, so what the heck, I ordered TWO sets of Snuggies, for a total of four Snuggies total. The second set was offered at a discounted price of $14.95, down from the original price of $19.95

While ordering, you are not shown how much the shipping and handling actually is ($7.45 PER blanket). When checking out, it is revealed that for four Snuggies (and the two book lights they throw in as freebies), the shipping and handling is a whopping $31.80! The products cost $34.90 and the shipping is $31.80!

When receiving my confirmation via email, there was a link to a site where you could get the cost of your shipping and handling rebated. This service has a free 30 day trial, then costs $8.95 per month. I suspected another rip-off situation and did not subscribe even for the free trial.

I called Snuggie to cancel my order and even though they said it would take a few days to process and ship my order (which I placed yesterday), they said my order was already in process and that I would not be able to cancel at this point. Plus, if I decided to return the Snuggies, I would still be charged the shipping and handling cost. So, clearly, they got me coming and going!

I am appauled to read all the comments here about this company and their underhanded practices. I, for one, can tell you that all the negative claims are true! Do not buy anything from this company!

Tony
Bedford, NH

Abby
Bedford, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2009 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Snuggie/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Snuggie-FreeSnuggie-Nothing-FREE-about-FreeSnuggie-Shipping-Handling-RIP-OFF-B-421862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Snuggie

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Same thing happened to me....

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

The same thing happened to us. My husband wanted to order me a blanket (ONE BLANKET) before Christmas, he was placing the order towards the end of November. Once he got to the page that showed the shipping amount, he cancelled the order and backed out of it. Two months later our checking account was charged over $40 for the ONE blanket and shipping. I too called the snuggie people and was told that he ordered two blankets, two lights and a horse blanket? My husband confirmed that he did NOT order these items. When I told them of the "error" I too was told that we could return the blankets and be refunded the product amount only but would still be responsible for the shipping.
So, this is what I did... I recommend it to ANYONE who is facing the issues with Snuggie. Eventually they will catch on....
1. I contacted my bank when the $40 payment was pending. They put a stop payment on the debit card, and also put me through to the fraud people to file a claim as we did NOT place the order.
2. The snuggie folks tried to pass the payment through a second time a couple weeks later. It too was reversed and although extreme, we had the debit card they had on file cancelled. A new card with a new number was re-issued to my husband. This seems extreme for $40, but after reading countless reports on this site, I didn't want to take my chances that they would charge more and more.
3. Lastly, this is the MOST important part if you are going to do steps 1 & 2... When you receive the box from them with the blankets in them, you MUST have UPS take them back but DO NOT under any circumstances open the box first.

I hope this helps. I asked my bank if they would have authority to come back on us for the $40 that we had reversed and filed as fraudulent. My bank assured me that if we returned the product unopened, they could not. I don't know if that is entirely true, but they will not have much ground to stand on. They can not produce proof that the transaction was authorized!
Good luck.