Complaint Review: Soap Time Laundromat

• Updated: Tue, May 15, 2012

• Reported By: David — Edmonton Alberta Canada
Soap Time Laundromat
7626 104 Street Edmonton, Alberta United States of America

Soap Time Laundromat Chinese? Soap Time Laundromat manager wrongly kicked me out for loitering and using power -- hasn't answered letter either. Edmonton, Alberta

*Author of original report: See, Soap Time's Awning Sign Says ",Free,TV"

*Author of original report: Soap Time Laundromat is in Canada not U.S.

Here is the letter that I delivered in person to the Chinese? manager of Soap Time Laundromat:

April 8, 2012

To male Chinese? Manager of Soap Time Laundromat:

I'm writing this letter because I'm still confused why you acted like I was a jerk in your laundromat last February. You ordered me to leave by saying Go, Go! and Get out, Go! because I thought I was just washing and drying my clothes which is what I paid you $10 for.

Point 1) You got mad because I was done with the dryer, but I told you You told me not to put the cloth shopping bags in the dryer so I was letting those air dry on the table. Also, I let my clothes even from the dryer finish drying until they are cooled down on the table. Why am I a jerk for that?

Point 2) You said Using electricity! Get out! and unplugged my DVD player. Afterwards, I noticed that your front sign advertises TV, so if I am allowed to use the TV with the built in VHS player in the corner why would I be a jerk for using my DVD player instead, possible to watch the same movie on DVD instead of VHS????? Also, my player was 18 watts I believe, and costed nothing anyways because usually according to the Epcor website 100 watts costs $0.001/hour, so why am I a jerk for using under 1 penny of electricity when I paid $10 to wash my clothes.

Please respond ASAP

Surprise, surprise, despite having 3 +ve reviews on a Google search,  over 1 month later he couldn't be bothered to answer me even though I gave him my email address, my phone #, and walk right in front of his business many times.

Therefore, I accuse this business of being so uptight as to kick me out for next to nothing.  Thanks for making me feel so unimportant.  As for the 3 +ve reviews on Google, I'd say different experiences, different opinions.  Even the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld didn't treat all of the customers bad, and if such a manager still wants to get people to leave faster, he should just politely inform his customers of his rules instead of getting upset.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2012 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Soap-Time-Laundromat/Edmonton-Alberta-T6E-6B8/Soap-Time-Laundromat-Chinese-Soap-Time-Laundromat-manager-wrongly-kicked-me-out-for-loit-883099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Soap Time Laundromat

See, Soap Time's Awning Sign Says ",Free,TV"

AUTHOR: David - ()

I was kicked out of Soap Time Laundromat by the Chinese? owner, citing my DVD player "using electricity".  Makes no sense because the front awning sign clearly says "[Free] TV], and in my other photo, the TV/VHS player is in the corner?????

Soap Time Laundromat is in Canada not U.S.

AUTHOR: David - (Canada)

This update is only to state that Soap Time Laundromat is in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, not the U.S. which go entered by default somehow.  I have also included a photo clearly showing the TV with built in VCR for the customers, yet I got kicked out for using electricity for my DVD player -- makes no sense!