killing

• Updated: Sun, April 24, 2011

• Reported By: Blue Valentine — Los Angeles California USA
Sober Estate
7635 Fallbrook Ave. Internet United States of America

Sober Estate Patricia Marquette ,manager, House Manager ,Patricia Marquette, Sells Drugs To The Residents , Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: DONE WITH SOBER LIVING HOMES

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Correction

*Consumer Comment: A Former Resident's Story

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: DISGRUNTLED ADDICTS WILL RESORT TO ANYTHING WHEN THEY THEMSELVES RELAPSE!!!

Sober Estate Living Center is owned by a psychologist named Tony. He has three houses, two of which are Co-ed and located on Fallbrook Avenue in West Hills California. The house manager that runs both of the Co-ed houses is Patricia Marquette.

This woman sells drugs to the residents. She also creates a toxic environment with lies and gossip where she turns residents against each other for her own advantage. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SOBER LIVING.

I have witnessed several relapses that were because of her and her alone. She is also using herself. Her drug of choice is opiates and she is often seen high as a kite when she thinks nobody is paying attention.

The houses are full of people using drugs and relapsing. They don't always kick users out either. For instance, if someone keeps shooting up heroin at the house but they have a car that Patricia can borrow then, they get to stay. However, if there is a resident that has stayed clean, but they question Patricia in any way they are asked to leave.

She won't let the residents talk to the owner without being there. She attempts to manipulate the entire environment to her own advantage while everyone around her falls apart.

AGAIN, PATRICIA MARQUETTE SELLS DRUGS TO THE RESIDENTS. Plain and simple. That alone should tell you that this isn't a place to get sober and heal. It's just a toxic environment run by a very sick woman who drags people down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2011 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sober-Estate/internet/Sober-Estate-Patricia-Marquette-manager-House-Manager-Patricia-Marquette-Sells-Drugs-T-685923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sober Estate

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

DONE WITH SOBER LIVING HOMES

AUTHOR: Tisha - (United States of America)

THE ONLY REASON TONY WHO IS AS HE SAYS THE "OWNER" OF THIS HOUSE IS WRITING THIS IS BECAUSE HE IS AFRAID I WILL REPORT HIS HOUSES TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES FOR WHAT DOES GO ON IN THEM.  I AM NOT INNOCENT AS FAR AS SOME OF WHAT HAS BEEN SAID HERE, BUT WHAT I WILL SAY IS THAT WHEN RECOVERING ADDICT/ALCOHOLICS ARE PUT IN THESE POSITIONS AS MANAGERS WITH NO TRAINING, WHATSOEVER,  AND EXPECTED TO RUN A HOUSE, DISPENSE MEDICATIONS, COLLECT RENTS, BRING PEOPLE IN AND PUT THEM OUT, COOK, CLEAN AND BRING A PROFIT IN WHILE THE OWNERS OFFER US NOTHING BUT A BED AND ROOF OVER OUR HEAD WITH FALSE PROMISES OF SALARIES AND CARS, HOW CAN MISTAKES NOT BE MADE?????

I WORKED FOR THIS MAN FOR SEVEN MONTHS PUTTING UP WITH HIS VERBAL ABUSE AND DOING WHATEVER HE ASKED OF ME TO DO, EVEN IF IT WAS NOT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CLIENT/RESIDENT, THEN TO HAVE HIM TURN ON ME BECAUSE I DECIDED TO LEAVE AND BETTER MYSELF IS VERY HARD TO DEAL WITH.  BUT ANYONE READING THIS MUST SEE THAT ALL HE IS TRYING TO DO IS COVER HIS TRACKS.   I HAVE DECIDED TO DO AN EXPOSE ON SOBER LIVING HOMES AND THE OWNERS WHO MAKE A PROFIT OFF OF THEM. BELIEVE ME, SOBER ESTATES IS NOT THE ONLY SOBER HOUSE OUT THERE THAT IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF UNSUSPECTING RECOVERING ADDICT/ALCOHOLICS. ANYONE EITHER THINKING OF GOING INTO ONE OR PLACING SOMEONE IN ONE NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE AND REALLY LOOK VERY HARD AT WHO OWNS THE HOME.  ANYONE CAN OPEN ONE AND SAY THEY ARE A DOCTOR (BY THE WAY, TONY, THE OWNER, DOES NOT HAVE A REAL DEGREE, HE HAS A PAST FELONY CHARGE AND DOES NOT HAVE A TRUE LEGITIMATE THERAPIST LICENSE, ASK HIM TO SHOW IT TO YOU).

WHEN I LEFT WORKING FOR HIM HE WAS GIVEN RECEIPTS FOR ALL OF THE EXPENSES THAT I HAD NOT BEEN REIMBURSED FOR IN THE MONTHS I WAS THERE, THOSE EXPENSES WERE DEDUCTED FROM RENTS COLLECTED.  THIS WAS DONE FAIRLY AND THERE WAS NO STEALING OR AS HE CALLS IT EMBEZZLING OF ANY KIND. ANYONE WHO LIVED THERE OR WHO HAS EVER WORKED FOR HIM CAN ATTEST TO HOW CHEAP HE WAS AND STILL IS.

I COULD GO ON AND ON DEFENDING MY CHARACTER, BUT MANY RESIDENTS KNOW HOW HARD I WORKED FOR THIS MAN AND THE ABUSE I PUT UP WITH, FOR ONE REASON ONLY, TO BE OF SERVICE TO OTHERS.  THERE ARE MANY THINGS I WOULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY HAD I HAD THE PROPER TRAINING.  I AM NOW FOCUSING MY EFFORTS ON EXPOSING THESE SOBER LIVING HOMES, THEY NEED TO BE REGULATED AND LICENSED. DO NOT BE FOOLED WHEN THEY ADVERTISE THAT THEY ARE COURT APPROVED OR WITH THE SOBER LIVING COALITION.  OWNERS OF THESE HOUSES CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT, I WITNESSED TONY THROWING PEOPLE OUT ON THE STREET FOR NOT HAVING RENT, YET HE LET OTHERS STAY THERE WHO WERE USING DRUGS BECAUSE THEY PAID HIM RENT.  THERE ARE OTHER HOUSES OUT THERE THAT ARE RUN PROPERLY, THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. IF THERE WAS ANYONE WHO HAS HARD FEELINGS ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE THERE WHILE I WAS MANAGER, I APOLOGIZE.  THERE ARE MANY WHO WERE HELPED AND ARE STILL FRIENDS.  HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT ARE ADDICTS AND ALCOHOLICS, BUT THERE SHOULD BE NO EXCUSE FOR THE OWNER WHO AS HE SAYS HAS 12 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE....SHAME ON HIM.....PATRICIA MARQUETTE

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Correction

AUTHOR: Tony - (United States of America)

As the owner/Administrator of Sober Estate who has been in practice for almost 12 years without any complaint, I'd like to make the following corrections;
PATRICIA MARQUETTE is NO LONGER affiliated with Sober Estate.  This is due to several misconducts such as embezzling over $1,200.00 from the owner and the residents in recent days and receiving several complaints from the residents who had the courage and foresight to voice their concern with facts and merits.
Making allegations is easy but to back that up is something else, especially if it involves someone's reputation in the community.  Addiction/alcoholism is a treacherous and conniving disease and addicts/alcoholics have the tendencies to manipulate, steal, lie and cheat, as it is said in all 12Step books. '
However, through spiritual foundation while practicing honesty and open mindedness, addicts/alcoholics change their bad habits and become productive members of the society.
Unfortunately, that is not the case for Ms. Marquette.
This posting is a warning to all recovery and treatment organizations who may consider Patricia Marquette as their staff member.  She is not to be trusted.  Do not make the same mistake as I did.  She has burned her bridges and is far from redemption.
Sober Estate continues to be the place for sobriety, safety and serenity.  A respected place by the community, trusted by the police force and recognized by the Suprior Court of California.

A Former Resident's Story

AUTHOR: Normie - (United States of America)

I am a former resident who does not have a drug and alcohol problem. However, everyone at the sober living was led to believe so for reasons that I will explain later. I work at a county law office as a legal assistant and I am working towards a career in the child protective services department.  I am currently finishing my dissertation for my PHD in child psychology. During the late spring and early summer of 2009, I took part in a research project where I immersed myself in the culture of additive behavior.  I chose to do this simply because most child abuse and neglect cases involve substance abuse.  It’s during this research that I met a man and fell in love with him. Fast forward about a year and we ended up at Sober Estate, because he relapsed on heroin.  My boyfriend needed help and the only way for me to provide it was to move into a sober living with him. He was unemployed and strung out and I literally had 48 hours to plan for everything. I couldn't afford to keep my apartment and pay for him to stay at a sober living too, so I decided to pose as an alcoholic and move into a sober living with him. Despite the reasons for my deceit about
being an alcoholic, I know it was wrong. Regardless, I have gained a wealth of knowledge about addictive behavior that I would never have gotten from reading books.

The reason why I am writing this is twofold. I recently changed my cell phone number, but before I did so, I received a strange text message from the house manager accusing me of “trying to destroy Sober Estate.” After putting two and two together, I found these posts.  I suppose she thinks that I wrote the first two posts, but I did no such thing. I can understand why she would think I did this, and it’s completely serendipitous. So, without needing to provide the house manager with my new phone number, I can tell her that it wasn’t me who wrote those posts.  The second reason I am writing here is to participate in this dialogue about Sober Estate. I know for a fact that the house manager sold Suboxone to my boyfriend. After my boyfriend and I moved out,
I forwarded all of her text messages to him and me about it to my email. Then I printed them out and gave them to my friend’s brother who is a narcotics police officer. My attorney friend told me to inform the house manager about this, so that’s what I did. I told her that I reported her to the police. That started an all out frenzy of texts. She was very upset about it and it’s obvious that
she is still very angry about it. However, the truth stands. Suboxone is a narcotic and it should not be sold by anyone but a doctor who is licensed to do so.  If she continues to be angry at me for telling the truth then so be it. I have done nothing wrong in that department.

Since I have only stayed at one sober living, I cannot properly critique it. However, I would say that it is of about average to above average standards. The only problem was that the house manager was selling Suboxone.  I never found her to be emotionally unstable until I told her that I reported her to the police. However, that is to be expected. Unfortunately, now she has gotten to the point
where she is either opening my boyfriend’s old mail that came to the house or she is making up stories in a vain attempt to get even.  She texted me and said that she is cooperating in an investigation that doesn't exist.  My boyfriend lost his back pack and someone used his bank account information to defraud Wells Fargo out of $7000, but the case has been solved by the bank and the thief has already been found.  My boyfriend has been told by the bank fraud department that they sent him a letter in the mail about the account issues. So, I can only assume that she opened a letter from Wells Fargo telling my boyfriend that his accounts were frozen pending an investigation about counterfeit checks. Then, she sent me a text saying she is participating in an investigation and she hopes he gets caught. However, the bank's investigation is closed and she was never a part of it. It was this ridiculous attempt to harass us that has directed me here.  Hopefully, this will give her some closure.

It is also important to mention that we were not kicked out and she wasn’t reported for purposes of getting revenge. We moved out because we felt like it would be better for us and his recovery.  It is a rarity at that house, because most residents are forced to leave. We always paid our rent on time, we did our chores, and we left our spaces clean. We stayed there for six months and left
about a month ago. He is now training to be a firefighter for the US Department
of Forestry.

I can totally understand why someone would write something to discourage people from living at Sober Estate. There are many reasons why people hold a grudge. My advice would be to inform yourself about Suboxone before you go there if you are an opiate addict. If you don’t use opiates, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. The house is nice and the house manager is a great cook, even if she is a bit loony. She does do a lot of gossiping, but the residents gossip as well. So, you would be wise to keep you personal business to yourself.

I know she will read this so here are my last words to her. There is a lot you didn't know about me and some things you will never know. I am not an addict or an alcoholic. Also, I am a loving mother who sees her daughter everyday. I love someone who is just like you and I see you with all of your beauties and faults.  You are not perfect just like I am not perfect. You are only human and you made a mistake, just like everyone makes mistakes. I hope you stay clean. Namaste.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

DISGRUNTLED ADDICTS WILL RESORT TO ANYTHING WHEN THEY THEMSELVES RELAPSE!!!

AUTHOR: Tisha - (United States of America)

ANYONE AT ANYTIME CAN COME TO SOBER ESTATES AND SEE FOR THEMSELVES THAT THIS IS AN UPSTANDING, REPUTABLE CO-ED SOBER LIVING HOUSE THAT HAS HAD AN IMPECCABLE REPUTATION SINCE IT OPENED IT'S DOORS.  THE OWNER COMES TO THE HOUSE EVERY DAY AND HAS AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP WITH ALL OF THE RESIDENTS.  I AM ACTUALLY POSITIVE I KNOW WHO MAY HAVE WRITTEN THIS REPORT AND WHEN YOU ARE IN A POSITION SUCH AS MINE WHERE YOU HAVE TO MAKE DECISIONS AS TO WHO IS ALLOWED TO STAY AND WHO MUST LEAVE, THOSE WHO ARE ASKED TO LEAVE WILL SPREAD LIES AND RUMORS ABOUT THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DEPARTURE.

I AM THE HOUSE MANAGER AND HAVE BEEN CLEAN AND SOBER FOR OVER TWO YEARS. I DRUG TEST I
EVERY MONTH AT A PHYSICIAN'S OFFICE AND AM AVAILABLE FOR DRUG TESTING AT ANY TIME THAT I MAY BE ASKED AT SOBER ESTATES.

THERE ARE SEVERAL RESIDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME WHO ARE ONLY REMAINING BECAUSE OF THE QUALITY OF CARE THAT THE HOUSE MANAGER GIVES TO THEM. WHAT WILL NOT AND IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS HOUSE IS THE USE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS AND WHOMEVER WROTE THIS WAS ASKED TO LEAVE BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT STAY SOBER OR BROKE A HOUSE RULE THAT WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED.  WE TRY TO HELP PEOPLE AS MUCH AS WE CAN AND ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR RECOVERY, OBVIOUSLY WHOMEVER WROTE THIS WAS AND IS NOT.  IT IS ASHAMED THAT TRYING TO RUIN ONE'S REPUTATION IS HOW SOMEONE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET REVENGE, BUT AS A RECOVERING ADDICT ALCOHOLIC I HAVE TO HOLD MY HEAD HIGH AND KNOW WHO I AM AND NOT LET SOMETHING LIKE THIS GET IN THE WAY OF BEING OF SERVICE AND REALLY HELPING THOSE OUT THERE WHO REALLY AND TRULY WANT TO BE HELPED AND STAY SOBER.  ANYONE CAN COME HERE AT ANY TIME AND SPEAK TO THOSE RESIDENTS THAT LIVE IN TWO HOUSES THAT ARE MANAGED BY ME AND FIND OUT THE TRUTH AS TO HOW THIS HOUSE IS RUN.  IMAGINE THAT ANYONE CAN GO ON THE INTERNET NOWADAYS AND WRITE ABOUT ANYONE AND NOT EVEN IDENTIFY THEMSELVES.

I AM SURE THIS IS NOT THE FIRST NOR THE LAST TIME THAT I WILL HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE WRITTEN ABOUT ME.  ESPECIALLY BY THOSE WHO MIGHT WANT TO TAKE OVER AS HOUSE MANAGER THEMSELVES.  THIS IS NOT AN EASY JOB, NOR IS IT ONE THAT SOMEONE MAY OR MAY NOT EVER MAKE A MISTAKE, THAT IS HOW WE LEARN TO GROW AND BECOME BETTER AT JUST WHAT IT IS WE DO.   I WILL BE GLAD TO GIVE ANYONE MY PHONE NUMBER IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS HOUSE OR MY POSITION, AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BRING ALONG A DRUG TEST, BE MY GUEST......PATRICIA MARQUETTE, HOUSE COUNCIL.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC