• Report: #319928

• Submitted: Fri, March 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 21, 2008

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Social Security Office
1029 CAMINO LA COSTA Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Social Security Office LOST MY CARD!! They lost my card, someone else may have it, and now I have to go back again! Austin Texas

I had a name change due to marriage. I went to Social Sec. office to replace my card and update my name. Months later (3), I realized I hadn't gotten my card in the mail. Called them. Oh, it's been too long to auto replace (you are only allowed 1.5 months after initial request to get an auto replacement). The guy told me a number of excuses as to why THEY aren't responsible: 1: the normal mail guy was sick, the new person may have delivered it to the wrong address 2: our machine ate it ... Yeah, are those going to make ANYONE feel better?!? What I'm most upset about, you have to provide ORIGINAL documentation. So, I can mail my drvier's license, passport and/ or birth certificate to them or go into the office and spend another 2 hours getting this stupid thing. We'll considering they've lost the card THEY made, I'm sure as hell NOT going to give them any originals of ANYTHING! I'm so upset and I'm really not happy with this offices overall functioning. I'm not even going to be able to have any Social Security when I retire, but am forced to pay into it! Wrong end of the same freakin stick. This sucks. Additionally, I've already had my Identity stolen (social included) and have had such headaches because of the fraud alert on my credit and now I have to keep it on there b/c they F*d up! No wonder foreigners have no idea about ID theft, they are so confused as to why we dont sign our Credit cards! Wonder why!

Not happy
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2008 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Social-Security-Office/Austin-Texas-78749/Social-Security-Office-LOST-MY-CARD-They-lost-my-card-someone-else-may-have-it-and-now-319928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Social Security Office