Complaint Review: Sofas 2GO

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: Milissa — Cedar Hill Texas
Sofas 2GO
2989 S. State Hwy. 360 Grand Prairie, Texas USA

Sofas 2GO Sofas & Mattresses 2Go Left With Torn Red Leather Sofa Grand Prairie Texas

*Author of original report: Not Delusional / Highly Dis-satisfied Customer

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Dilusional Customer

*Author of original report: Still Left With a Torn Sofa

*General Comment: True but...

On 6/24/13, I received a red leather sofa that I had purchased and had the delivery guys place the sofa in my garage then signed off on the delivery ticket immediately without inspecting the sofa.  Bad mistake on my part!  On 6/30/13, I had the sofa placed out in the sunlight just right outside my garage and discovered a tear on the front bottom frame of the sofa.  Notified the Manager at Sofas 2GO the next day, and was advised pretty much that it was my problem since I had signed off on the delivery ticket.  So now, I am having to live with a torn sofa that a company would not make right.  My lesson learned here is NEVER, I repeat NEVER, sign-off on a delivery ticket without fully inspecting a piece of furniture that is being delivered to you.  I will NEVER do business with this company again.  This is not how you should treat a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sofas-2GO/Grand-Prairie-Texas-75052/Sofas-2GO-Sofas-Mattresses-2Go-Left-With-Torn-Red-Leather-Sofa-Grand-Prairie-Texas-1070034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sofas 2GO

Not Delusional / Highly Dis-satisfied Customer

AUTHOR: Milissa - ()

This response shows the intellect of this company.

I had the delivery people place the sofa in my garage since the room was not ready to place it in the house.  I was in the process of refurbishing the Den and had the tile for my home stored on the opposite side of my garage that was nowhere near where this sofa was placed.  I had purchased another set of living room furniture (couch, loveseat, & 2 recliners) that were in my garage awaiting the refurbishing completed before placing in my home.  The sofa was placed next to the 2 new recliners that I had purchased from a different furniture store.

I was not given the opportunity to inspect the sofa.  The delivery guys were in a hurry to leave and I quickly signed off on the delivery receipt.  It just didn't occur to me to fully examine the red sofa when the the two men delivered it.  This is definitely my error that I will not ever do again when dealing with furniture being delivered to my home.  My pricey mistake!

I called 7 days later because that is when I had help to move the sofa inside my home.  However, while placing the sofa outside in the sunlight from where it had been all that time (not touched) in my garage is when the tear or rip was discovered.  This was on a Sunday.  The following Monday, I notified Sofas 2GO.

How absurd that this company would suggest that I damaged the sofa and is trying to weasel out of anything.  As a customer, why would they think that I would lie about such a thing!  I don't do business that way nor did I damage this sofa.  All I was wanting was a replacement or refund since I did not want to keep a new sofa with a tear in it and I know that I did not buy it that way and it didn't get damaged in my home sitting out in the garage.  All I know is that when I purchased the sofa in the store, it did not have any damages on it.

From my understanding, dealing with Sofas 2GO management that "any defect would not be covered under the manufacturer's warranty" is the experience I have occurred.

I am having to keep this sofa, but I will not ever purchase and/or recommend Sofas 2GO due to how they handled my complaint and I did report this company to the Better Business Bureau.  This is not good business on treating a customer this way.  I DO NOT RECOMMEND SOFAS 2GO.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Dilusional Customer

AUTHOR: Sofas 2 Go - ()

This poor lady had the delivery people put the sofa in a garage with stacks of ceramic tile. You could hardly move for all the stored items in her garage. She was given the opportunity to inspect her sofa which she refused. Seven days later she calls to say there is a rip in her sofa. I told her to send me a picture and it shows a small L shaped tear. I explained to her that when she signed the delivery ticket she accepted the product. Since she had waited 7 days, as far as we know she damaged it herself and is now trying to weasle a new sofa "in any color" out of us. It is not a defect which we would have covered under the manufacturers waranty. It is customer abuse. We are sorry that she is unhappy, but she should have inspected her products before signing off on the delivery.

Still Left With a Torn Sofa

AUTHOR: Milissa - ()

No family member caused this tear or anyone else.  When I purchased the sofa, I did inspect it thoroughly and there were no damages - otherwise I would not have bought it.  Don't have a choice now do I?  Since, the Sofas 2GO is not going to do anything about it.  So, now another $30 purchase to hide a tear on a NEW sofa.  This is what I really want to do.

Like I said, I will never buy from this company again and I will NEVER not inspect a piece of furniture once delivered NOR sign a delivery receipt until I have thoroughly checked it out.  Wouldn't you say that this is a good ploy for their side to have a customer hurry up and sign off on a ticket because the delivery guys are ready to leave for the day?  My delivery was the last one for that day.

Signed - Still not a happy customer.

#4 General Comment

True but...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

True but you have to look at it from not your perspective. You are right, you should have done a better job inspecting your purchase. But the company you bought it from doesnt know if you or a family member damaged this item, and are just looking for someone to pay for it. Just because you SAY they damaged it doesnt mean they did. You have no proof of them damaging it. You are making assuptions that they did. With no proof and simply your GUESS that they did it you will never see a resolution on this.

Best bet, go to a leather shop and get a leather repair kit. Costs about $30. Problem solved.