Complaint Review: Sofas And Seats Factory Outlet

• Submitted: Fri, May 13, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, May 13, 2005

• Reported By:Snellville Georgia
Sofas And Seats Factory Outlet
6520 Dawson Blvd Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Sofas And Seats Factory Outlet Ripoff poor service worthless warranty unacceptable service after the sale Norcross Georgia

I purchased a living room furniture group in November of 2004 from Sofas and Seats in Norcross GA. We spent $2100.00. It was delivered in December of 2004.
In April of 2005 we noticed that the stitching that connected the loveseat back cushion to the frame material was coming unstitched. There is a 4 inch spot that needs restitching.

On May 12th, I contacted the owner of the store, Brenda Lassiter. She agreed that the warranty would cover the repair, however, I would have to pay $120.00 to get the loveseat to her store and returned to me after the repair.

My experience with furniture, appliance, and large TV warranty issues has always been that the company sends a repair person to my house to do the repair. Could you imagine an appliance dealer telling you that you have to pay to have your refrigerator picked up in order to do a repair.

I requested, to Brenda, that she send an upholstery repair person to our house to fix the defect in workmanship. She claims that her store never does that for any of their customers. I didn't know that before the sale was made and it isn't posted on any warranty info that the customer will have to pay for transport of a defective item. I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau of Atlanta and the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs in GA. I am also posting this situation to every consumer website on the internet in hopes of warning other potential customers to enter Sofas and Seats in Norcross GA with great caution. Their customer service attitude changes greatly once they have your money. Thank you for taking the time to read this notice.

John
Snellville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2005 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sofas-And-Seats-Factory-Outlet/Norcross-Georgia-30093/Sofas-And-Seats-Factory-Outlet-Ripoff-poor-service-worthless-warranty-unacceptable-service-142662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sofas And Seats Factory Outlet