Complaint Review: Soft Gold Real

• Submitted: Mon, December 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: bhara — Bethesda Maryland USA
Soft Gold Real

Soft Gold Real Transcom Support LTD hijacked my PC, reporting viruses that did not exist. Even after running two virus detection programs already available on my PC AND re-booting, the 'security alert' messages continued. Internet

*Consumer Comment: a solution

Yesterday, December 27, 2009, I started receiving 'security alerts' on my PC which kept interrupting me.  Oddly enough, they originated from an icon on my bottom tool bar next to the icon for Windows updates.  I wondered whether these alerts were actually coming from Windows.  I ran two virus detection programs already installed on my PC AND re-booted.  But the 'security alerts' continued.  Stupidly, I relented and provided my VISA card to purchase the $49.95 license.  I should have recognized at that point something fishy because the site would ONLY accept Visa credit cards AND my first card was rejected --- not because of my entries or the status of the card itself.  To continue my stupidity, I entered a second card number.  My worries escalated when the Capital One fraud unit called and wondered whether the transaction was legitimate.  Thinking that this was the second card number I had provided, I said yes.  Only later did I realize that this was the FIRST credit card.  I phoned both Visa card providers and immediately changed to new account numbers and then carefully shredded both cards.  Today, I continue to email this outfit AND am trying to delete what I think is their download.  ACK -- one of them is locked out for me to access.  I'm calling in the Geek Squad to see whether they can help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Soft-Gold-Real/internet/Soft-Gold-Real-Transcom-Support-LTD-hijacked-my-PC-reporting-viruses-that-did-not-exist-546140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Soft Gold Real

a solution

AUTHOR: Dinkledorfer - (United States of America)

Try running Malwarebyes. What you have may NOT be a virus but more of a malware issue. That program has a free version that works well. Do a full scan and chances are, your problem will be taken care of. Also, you can try to ID the problem and do a Google search on it. Others out there will help you figure out how to remove it. Best to run the scan in SafeMode.