Complaint Review: Softroute Corporation

• Updated: Thu, March 18, 2010

• Reported By: berrien98 — toronto Ontario Canada
Softroute Corporation
Suite 218, 60 Centurian Dr. Markham, Ontario United States of America

Softroute Corporation V-Buzzer ILLEGAL CREDIT CARD DEDUCTIONS AND DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING Markham, Ontario

The company started out offering optional yearly and monthly services for VOIP telephone services.  At a later date, they revamped their website menu and removed all options and began forcing customers to renew on a yearly basis.
To make matters worst, they are now demanding that all customers store their credit card information on their website before they can renew their service.

My telephone line was dis-connected without any renewal notice.  When I went to their website menu, it required an additional deposit into my V-buzzer account.  I topped up my account only to learn later that I could not use the balance in my account to subscribe for my service.  I went again and tried renewing my service via a credit card and this time it was charged without my consent or knowledge of the amount.

The worst part is, I still did not get my service restored after 1 week of desperately trying to connect my line.  I was looking for a job and all my resumes were sent out with the number so i was desperate to get it on.  However, they bled my account of $45.00 for a service which costs only $25.00 for the year.

I requested my subscription to be changed from yearly $25 to monthly $5.00 and they never responded or tried to resolve the matter.  They only sent an email that I should renew again using my credit card after they bilked my account and failed to restore my service.

This company has the worst customer service track record.  There is no telephone number to the company and they take 2 days or more to respond to your complaint.  They should be reported and sued for causing such stress and inconvenience to customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Softroute-Corporation/Markham-Ontario-L3R-8T5/Softroute-Corporation-V-Buzzer-ILLEGAL-CREDIT-CARD-DEDUCTIONS-AND-DECEPTIVE-ADVERTISING-M-582461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Softroute Corporation