Complaint Review: Software-HQ Skype

• Updated: Thu, February 19, 2009

• Reported By:Irving Texas
Software-HQ Skype
www.skype.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Software-HQ Skype Download Warning Total Scam $70.80 ... Thought it was Skype ... let's get this guy! Florida Internet

I suffered the same scam as others have reported here. Fortunately, i paid using American Express. I called them immediately. The charge already went through and apparently there is nothing i can do for 24 hours without a merchant authorization, but they will be calling me back and assured me we will get it taken care of.

I don't know if it will help, but if we all report to our credit card companies, will they begin to recognize the fraudulency of this charge and ultimately can they do anything to prevent or refuse or reimburse the charge?

Something needs to be done. It's not even about getting my money back. I can't believe they can get away with this. If Skype (who i have loved using in the past) is NOT in on this, it is a terrible travesty to them because now i don't want to go anywhere near their downloads! I put Skype in the name of the company although it may not be them, but that may be the only way for people to find this warning as i never had any intention of downloading from Software-HQ.

Props to Amex. I was so grateful i used this card to pay as they have THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 10:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Software-HQ-Skype/nationwide/Software-HQ-Skype-Download-Warning-Total-Scam-7080-Thought-it-was-Skype-lets-ge-426359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Software-HQ Skype