Complaint Review: Software-HQ

• Submitted: Thu, September 25, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 25, 2008

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Software-HQ
software-hq.net Ridgeville, Ohio U.S.A.

Software-HQ unauthorized charge to my credit card Ridgeville Ohio

Software-HQ offered a free download of photo editing software. In order to receive the free download I had to register. I downloaded the free software, but was unable to open it after various attempts. It just wouldn't work, so I deleted the download and forgot about it. When I received my credit card bill this month I noticed a charge of $52.80 from Software-HQ. I called the 800 number listed by the charge on my credit card statement to ask why I had been charged for the free download. The woman answering the phone very unkindly told me that I had indeed made the purchase and read off the screens I had filled out authorizing the charge. I told her I had not made any purchase, but had only downloaded free software. The woman told me I was not being truthful, that she the computer screen evidence to show it. I then told her that the free software I downloaded would not work -- it would not open. She said I had not reported any problems. I told her something was not right here. I did not authorize any purchase through Software-HQ. I told her I would call my credit card and report the unauthorized charge. She said, fine, go right ahead. Her attitude was rude and unhelpful.

Anita
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2008 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Software-HQ/Ridgeville-Ohio/Software-HQ-unauthorized-charge-to-my-credit-card-Ridgeville-Ohio-375900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Software-HQ