Complaint Review: Software-HQ.net

software-hq.net/members/start.asp Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-784-3167
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

Software-HQ.net Software-HQ.net is a ripoff and uses fraudulent advertisement. They advertise software but is selling support Nationwide

I was on download.com and got redirected to this website. They advertised free software, and unlimited downloads. I thought I was purchasing a one year membership for downloads.

After the purchase I got redirected back to download.com for a trial version of Nero 9, which is what I was first attempting to do. Their site said the charge was $19.95 and my account was charged $34.92.

Below is their so called guarantee and one of the FAQs. It explains that I was purchasing technical support. I am a Data Service Engineer and would never purchase online support.

Software-HQ Satisfaction Guarantee
If you have any issues or concerns with your membership our tech support specialists are available 24 hours a day at Support@Software-hq.net. If you are still unsatisfied and wish to discontinue your membership please read our refund policy:
The amount charged to you is based on your choice of membership and charged to the account of your choice. Once you submit your order for processing, it is NONREFUNDABLE. Only in the following circumstances will the payment be refunded:
You are unable to logon to the member area within two hours of your purchase.
You are unable to access our services due to a technical issue on our behalf.
Any additional products purchased at time of checkout are refundable (minus processing fee) within the first 14 days of your membership. All requests for refunds due to fraud MUST be made via email to Support@Software-Hq.net. Any and all refunds will be subject to a $5.99 processing fee.
All unsubstantiated and/or fraudulent chargeback requests will be prosecuted and collected to the furthest extent of the law under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).

Below is one of their FAQs
I thought the software was free. Why am I being asked to pay?
Some of our software is free (or evaluation versions). You are paying for the online help and support and the online tutorials for the lifetime of the membership.

I have contacted my attorney regarding this issue as well.

Tony
San Leandro, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Software-HQnet/nationwide/Software-HQnet-Software-HQnet-is-a-ripoff-and-uses-fraudulent-advertisement-They-advert-425037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Software-HQ.net