Complaint Review: Software Pros

Software Pros
Internet USA

Software Pros Complete Fraud and credit card ripoff! Internet

*Consumer Comment: SOFTWARE PROS RIP-OFF

*Author of original report: did not give my credit card out

*Consumer Comment: Which web site did you download from?

I downloaded AVG Free on my laptop last week and today I see a charge for $96.96 from some "Software" co.  I call the number and they say they are a company called "Software Pros".  The phone number you call for this company gives you a recording and there is no human to talk to.

Ive emailed and left messages at Software Pro, several times, asking for a call back.  Instead, I get an email stating I had 3 days to cancel and its passed that 3 days so tough luck.  The email states its a cost for a membership and to allow access to AVG... Why would I or anyone else pay nearly $100 for a membership to an antivirus that costs only $37 after the 30 day trial?

I never received any correspondance from "Software Pro" about any purchase and I did not give anyone my credit card number.  I did download AVG free and received a confirmation from AVG of my FREE trial offer at NO COST.

Whoever this "Software Pro" is, they steal your credit card and your money and you cant reach them, nor do you know what service they claim to be paid to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Software-Pros/internet/Software-Pros-Complete-Fraud-and-credit-card-ripoff-Internet-1079193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Software Pros

SOFTWARE PROS RIP-OFF

AUTHOR: poohshaw - ()

My story to this is word for word the same, I could've written this same report. Very upset, moral of the story, read everything and don't download off the internet when you are tired!

did not give my credit card out

AUTHOR: Denise - ()

I did not give them a credit card that is why Im so mad.  I originally started the download and when I realized it was not AVGs site, I stopped the download, when to AVG and redid the download.  I do not know how they got my CC #.  Im removing the number from any sites (like paypal) where I may have it stored.

Which web site did you download from?

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

When you download AVG Free version, did you go directly to AVG website or did you go to the AVG web site via Software Pro? If you go through Software Pro, they would charge you for their "membership" fees and possible software download fees. Yes, they are a scammer who takes free software and charge others. Also, they have hidden fees that users do not see until the bill comes. They will never communicate because the web site is simply there with no connection to anyone. You may need to "cancel" their service because they will attempt to charge it monthly/yearly. I hope this is a lesson learn NOT to give any credit card information to any website even it said FREE. Once they got your information, they could do whatever you want and ignore your communication.