Complaint Review: Software Pros

• Updated: Wed, August 13, 2014

• Reported By: Ripped off by pro com — Saint Louis Missouri
Software Pros
Internet USA

Software Pros Trying to download Avast for $16.00 and somehow ended up on this scam website. does not appear Internet

I had my laptop repaired and the repair shop put Avast on my laptop.  I never liked it and tried to delete it repeatly but it said file was corrupted and I could not delete it. I thought that if I downloaded it again then I would have a uncorrupted file I could delete.  I could not use any other virus program because Avast blocked it and made my laptop run very slowly.

I searched for Avast on Google and went to what I thought was a Avast site.  The full program was around $16.00.  I was ok with that because I have been putting up Avast popups for a long time and wanted to find a way to get rid of it.  I clicked on the link and somehow was sent to the Software Pros link; without my knowledge.  I still thought I was with Advast.  I downloaded the program.  At no time was I informed of a $99.98 charge.  I did not accept the charge. I did not enter my credit card information.  I suppose they got that through Google.  I received no receipt.  I just happened to notice the charge on my bank website.

I got on their website to tell them I did not want their program.  I never heard of them and have no idea what they offer.  Because I clicked on the popup that I thought was from Avast and I signed on so I contest the bill they said they will not refund the money.  I had almost $100 stolen from me by these ripoff artists. Beware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2014 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Software-Pros/internet/Software-Pros-Trying-to-download-Avast-for-1600-and-somehow-ended-up-on-this-scam-websi-1169668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Software Pros