Complaint Review: Software-hq

• Updated: Mon, December 08, 2008

• Reported By:Manchester Connecticut
software-hq.net Nationwide U.S.A.

Software-hq fraudulent advertising Internet

With my young grandchildren on the phone asking why we were not on their computer, I was attempting to reload SKYPE (which had disappeared after an OS upgrade). The first response to my Google search promised to download the software, mentioning features such as video links. As I proceeded, I was puzzled by the request for Credit Card info, but assumed it was because I'd already had a year's free use of Skype. Upon completion of this procedure, there appeared to be no link to Skype. When I backed out of the site, I realized that I had been scammed. There was no summary of the transaction, no opportunity to review and no receipt for my purchase. After successfully downloading Skype from their FREE site and video-talking with the grandkids, I called VISA to attempt to cancel the charge. They told me I had to wait until Monday morning to file a dispute, which I have done. It is apparent that Software-hq does little more that intercept queries and offer products which are available for free elsewhere.

Manchester, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Software-hq/nationwide/Software-hq-fraudulent-advertising-Internet-399086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Software-hq