Complaint Review: SoftwareHQ

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2008

• Reported By:Matthews North Carolina
softwarehq.com North Ridge, Ohio U.S.A.

Software HQ ,Does SoftwareHQ actually exist or is it just a total fraud? Is this another revenue source for FREE SKYPE? North Ridge Ohio

I purchased a Logitech web cam last month and followed the installation instructions and proceeded to go to SKYPE to register as a free user. I realize that I would pay for minutes used and had no problem giving my credit card number. When I saw that I was authorizing a charge of $52.80 for technical support I did my best to cancel the transaction.

When I received my bank statement and saw the charge for $52.80, I immediately called the 800 number and was told that this contract was not cancellable under any circumstances and my bank would not reject the charge either since it was a month old. I asked what recoures did I have and was told only to go to the website of SOFTWAREHQ.

I now realize that this company is a fraud and perhaps so is SKYPE ! I have no use for this supposed service contract and would not be surprised to find that it is a scam as well. I fully intend to pursue financial recourse and welcome any assistance.

Matthews, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2008 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SoftwareHQ/North-Ridge-Ohio/Software-HQ-Does-SoftwareHQ-actually-exist-or-is-it-just-a-total-fraud-Is-this-another-r-364641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SoftwareHQ