Complaint Review: SoftwarePros

• Submitted: Tue, March 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 19, 2013

• Reported By: Tim — Oldsmar Florida
SoftwarePros

SoftwarePros Advertised as "Limewire" on Yahoo search, Charged for yearly service then downloaded "Frostwire". Internet

I did a search using Yahoo search for music downloads. One of the entries was for a link to free "Limewire" download. Since I knew that Limewire was "disconnected" pending a court action, I thought they (Limewire) were now charging for their services such as Napster started doing. I was taken to www.softwarepros.com and opted for the $2.49 per month membership. I was then taken to the download link where it downloaded "Frostwire" (another P2P site) where membership and downloading is FREE (no membership fees required) and during installation, it advises NEVER to pay for the Frostwire membership because it is FREE. I sent an email to Softwarepros advising them NOT to charge my Credit Card one penny since the Frostwire membership is free. I will also be visiting my bank today to ensure there will be no charges from this company placed against my account..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 06:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SoftwarePros/internet/SoftwarePros-Advertised-as-Limewire-on-Yahoo-search-Charged-for-yearly-service-then-do-1035970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SoftwarePros