begun

• Submitted: Wed, May 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By: Sazquatch — North Carolina USA
SoftwarePros

SoftwarePros Scam, Overcharge, No traceable contact address, e-mail address is "do not reply" Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: Further Information

I hate to admit to being scammed, but here it is.

On February 28, 2012, I encountered this site while searching for a well known freeware application.

I fell for the come-on which promised support services as well as safe downloads and signed up for an intermediate service level.

I downloaded the desired package from their site, only to find that the copy they provided was corrupted and unusable.  I downloaded it again with the same results.

I immediately requested cancellation of my contract with the understanding that there would be a charge for cancellation.  (Red Flag!).  My e-mail was returned as undeliverable.  As soon as the charge, about twice what I expected, was posted to my account, I  disputed the charge and informed Card Services of my attempt to cancel.  My latest statement has an entry saying that the dispute has been settled and a charge for the full amount posted back to my account.

I hope that this report may save someone else from the same ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2012 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SoftwarePros/internet/SoftwarePros-Scam-Overcharge-No-traceable-contact-address-e-mail-address-is-do-not-re-877185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SoftwarePros

Further Information

AUTHOR: Sazquatch - (USA)

Since my original post, I have been able to reach Software Pros through their e-mail address.

They refuse to give a refund, notwithstanding that my original e-mail was returned as "undeliverable".
The "one-time" charge remains on my Visa account.  There was no explanation for the overcharge.

While I may be a victim of my own lack of perseverance during the 7 day window, I would definitely not recommend this site to anyone else.