Complaint Review: Software.hq.net

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
software.hq.net Internet U.S.A.

Software.hq.net Got charged $70.80 twice for hardware I never got Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: SIMPLY DON'T GIVE UP

*Consumer Suggestion: how to contact software-hq

Last Saturday, June 21, 2008, I was on the internet looking to download a free software package to open a compressed file with .rar extension.

I entered a site with several offerings but none were free. I decided to pay for the software and selected one offered by Software.hq.net for $39.95--I provided my credit card information. About that time my satellite connection to the internet glitched. When I tried to re-enter the aforementioned site, I could not. Because it was a week-end I decided to drop the search till the following week.

When I checked my bank transactions the following week, I found out that Software Hq Net had made two charges for $70.80. I called the bank and they agreed to give me credit for one of the charges but told me I would have to fill out forms for an investigation.

When I tried to access Software.hq.net I was informed the site does not exist or is not available. Then I came across the Ripoff Report and realized that I got scammed and don't even have the software to show for the money.

Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2008 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Softwarehqnet/internet/Softwarehqnet-Got-charged-7080-twice-for-hardware-I-never-got-Internet-346374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Software.hq.net

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Alfieb72 - (South Africa)

I was also scammed by this so-called internet company.

My advice to anyone who is in a similar predicament is not to give up.
Email the company as well as their finance biller as many times per day as necessary.

Tell them that you will report them to

1) your bank
2) the internet crime site (on the web)

and FOLLOW through.

I got a full refund from them within 3 days.

Then, as an extra precaution, cancel your credit card and get a new one issued (with a new number etc).

Don't take their nonsense, and if they are rude, who cares. Just, KEEP ON emailing.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

how to contact software-hq

AUTHOR: Nigel - (U.S.A.)

i was also a victim of this fraudulent company. however, if you email them at support@software-hq.com, they will respond. that's hyphen, not dot.