Complaint Review: Softwareonline.com

• Submitted: Mon, June 09, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, June 09, 2003

• Reported By:Hampton Falls New Hampshire
Softwareonline.com
softwareonline.com Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

Softwareonline.com refusal to honor money back guarantee ripoff Internet Worldwide

I downloaded MemTurbo from the web. It came with a 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied. I was not at all satisfied, and attempted to get my money back. After following a number of dead links, I got through to the company via Tech Support. They said, of course you can have your money back if you wish, but can we try to get it to work for you first? I said OK. It still didn't work. I asked for my money back again.

They told me they would not refund my money because I was (barely) outside the 14 day window they granted with these "extensions." I pointed out that this was the first mention of any such policy regarding this "extension" they had asked me to agree to instead of simply giving back my money when I asked for it,and therefore their position was ridiculous.

They said, "Sorry." I have contacted the consumer fraud division of the FTC, and would be most appreciative of any guidance regarding how I could better expose these con artists, not to mention how I might get my own money back.

Charles
Hampton Falls, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2003 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Softwareonlinecom/Redmond-Washington/Softwareonlinecom-refusal-to-honor-money-back-guarantee-ripoff-Internet-Worldwide-60119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Softwareonline.com