Complaint Review: Solar Bear

• Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: Jacqui — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Solar Bear
4224 N Nevada Ave Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Solar Bear Three Year Maintenance Agreement-No refund Colorado Springs, Colorado

*Author of original report: Update on Solar Bear-the Warranty

*Consumer Comment: What does your WRITTEN agreement say about cancellations?

I very foolishly signed an agreement for a 3-year maintenance agreement for $599 with Solar Bear.  I realized later that this was NOT a good idea, and called to cancel.  I was happy to pay for the Furnace Inspection and Duct Cleaning (sprayed some very caustic chemicals into the coils, which took 15 minutes) that I had agreed to (from a telemarketer).

I started calling the middle of November, and have called them weekly, ever since.  They are always very nice, saying, "oh that was submitted for a refund", or "Oh, that was turned over to so-and-so".  However, I have never received a definitive response, and of course no refund.

I'm guessing now, though it kills me to say so, that I will never see a dime, and if the previous report is any indication, I will never even get the yearly inspections.

I would love any suggestions about what else I might try.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Solar-Bear/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80907/Solar-Bear-Three-Year-Maintenance-Agreement-No-refund-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-992831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Solar Bear

Update on Solar Bear-the Warranty

AUTHOR: Jacqui - (USA)

There was a one page "Agreement".  At the bottom, it says that "if the agreement is cancelled, the customer will be responsible for the full retail price of the services which were provided, as listed below".  It doesn't actually list the price for the duct cleaning I received, only the total with the 3 year Maintenance, which is $599.

I don't know which chemicals were used.  It came in a big can, and after he sprayed for a few minutes, my eyes  and throat were burning, even though the furnace is in the basement, and I was on the THIRD floor.

What does your WRITTEN agreement say about cancellations?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

That would determine whether or not you should pursue this.

BTW, what were the "caustic chemicals" they sprayed on the coils?