released

• Updated: Sat, December 01, 2012

• Reported By: Smoke438 — Litchfield Park Arizona United States of America
Solar Universe
1152 Stealth Street Livermore, California United States of America

Solar Universe Rip off, Ignored, Stalled, No Customer Service, Ignored, Livermore, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: To Set the Record Straight

*Author of original report: Update to Orginal Report

*Consumer Comment: Another Solar Universe victim

*General Comment: Just Unprofessional

*Consumer Comment: Inform your HOA and everyone else!

I decided to try and save some money and the environment by getting Solar Panels. I called a few companies and the best price was with Sola Universe Tempe, AZ. I spoke with a David Williamson very nice guy. He quoted me a system for $22715 for a 20 year lease. Sounded way too expensive to me but then he told me about their Installation Rebate Form where SolarUnivers would pay $14720.00 of the purchase and I only would pay $7995.00. So I signed up for their service on 30Jan2012.

I got the finance document and it stated I would be financing $22715 I called and asked them why. They told me it was just a formality. They would pay. I have documentation from them saying they would as well. So my system was installed and set up. My system was installed 23March12. On 24Mar12 I received a letter saying that if the $22k was not paid off by twenty days I would have a lien placed on my house. This was never mentioned to me. On March28 they received my check for my $7995.00.

Well low and behold my Sales person emails are undeliverable and project managers no longer work. I call their corporate office to find out they are all gone and its under new owner ship. That Person Nita Crews assures me everything will be taken care of ASAP. That was May. May 15 I wrote them again and was told NRG the leasing company is under new owner ship. June 8th I was told that the following Monday it should be paid. I emailed and emailed July 17th I got an email from Kelley Law stating it had been elevated to corporate office.

On Aug 5th I was told to contact Scott Sumtez.  Aug 8th was told that the previous owner had financial difficulties and Corporate got involved. Steve Yeffa at the corporate office was taking over my case and they would get my case taken care of Aug 29th Thomas Burke got involved due to my numerous emails and said they are still waiting funding to pay and I am the TOP PRIORITY. I emailed them 6September when NRG started emailing me about not being paid. I have called continuously and still have no resolve.

As of yesterday I found out I have a Lien placed on my house since 9/25/12 for the debt Solar Universe has not paid. I spoke with Thomas Burke yesterday and he told me their corporate lawyer is getting involved. Steve Yeffa I called him today and he told me he had meetings and he would get back to me today. I told him Thomas told me that yesterday and he still hasnt called me but I did leave him voicemails. This is ridiculous that it has not been paid. I have contacted the BBB and nothing since it went to the previous owner. No the complaint is being lodged against their corporate office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Solar-Universe/Livermore-California-94551/Solar-Universe-Rip-off-Ignored-Stalled-No-Customer-Service-Ignored-Livermore-Califo-960012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Solar Universe

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

To Set the Record Straight

AUTHOR: RippedoffbySU - (United States of America)

I am the person "RIPPEDOFFBYSU".  To set the record straight, SU-Livermore did make good on the rebate & issued a check to NRG for the rebate amount.  It took a long time and the communication was sparse (at best) but I think Livermore was caught in the middle of some bad business practices by the former owner of the AZ franchise (Tempe).  Going forward, I would recommend Solar Universe (if they have the deal you want) BUT absolutely deal with Livermore directly.  This story does have a happy ending- document everything, deal with the corporate office directly, be persistent and I think SU Livermore will perform for you.  FYI- the PV system does work as promised and the installation was expertly done.

Update to Orginal Report

AUTHOR: Smoke438 - (United States of America)

I just wanted to make an update. I have requested orginal report to be removed since Solar Universe has made things right and paid off the remaining balance. Which I have confirmed this morning with Sun NRG. Rippedoffreport.com will not remove the orginal posting. So I am posting this follow up so future Solar Universe clients will know that they did end up making things right in the end.

Another Solar Universe victim

AUTHOR: RippedoffbySU - (United States of America)

smoke 438- just read your report.  I too got ripped off by SU.  The actors are all the same & I am seeing an attorney Monday 11/26.  Like you, I have received no response to my requests for the promised rebate - dead silence- they probably think I will go away & they will file the lien...  I have been in touch with NRG but they don't care- they are clear that they only want to be paid the contract amount.  Were you notified of the management change @ SU?? I was aware but told by Scott Sumetz not to worry about the rebate because the new management was from the parent company under the same name.   I will see if I can get in touch with you via Ripoff Report E-mail & may be can start a Class action lawsuit.

#4 General Comment

Just Unprofessional

AUTHOR: DRock51 - (United States of America)

This company has shown that not only are their contractors unreliabe but the corporate office has no accountability. I have had the experience of a sub-contractor taking advantage but the corporate office stepped up and took care of the situation. This company is awful all the way to the top. Legal action should be taken by any individual having issues with this company. The only way they will learn their lesson is to take a hard enough financial hit or just shutting them down. Lastly keep detailed documentation lawyers love it.

Inform your HOA and everyone else!

AUTHOR: J. - (United States of America)

Wow, looks like these people are real rats! Make sure you go to your Home oweners association (if you are in one) and let everyone know what happened, you  are probably not alone. When you find others then file a class action lawsuit, also I am sure your local media would like to know about this, With the popularity of solar companies booming in Arizona this one needs to get out of town and get out of business! We use Solar City in Goodyear and are happy (at this time) with them, Many of these companies are subcontactors or franchises, either way the corporate offices are responsible for them because they are using the name. Don't back down and make sure they compensate you for your headache$. Good luck!